Thread: Anyone doing their own dyesub coating?

Anyone doing their own dyesub coating?

Has anyone here found a source for dyesub coatings and, if so, have you had any success coating and dyesubbing your own products? I'd like to be able to add color to glass by attempting to coat & dyesub stuff like shot glasses or glass mugs but the coatings seem to pretty unavailable. BTW we picked up a Ricoh dyesub printer and it seems to have it all over the R1800. So much easier and less messy that the Epson. Still perfecting our baby bottle ink delivery system for that old dog of a printer...

Quote Originally Posted by Uma Duffy View Post
    Has anyone here found a source for dyesub coatings and, if so, have you had any success coating and dyesubbing your own products? I'd like to be able to add color to glass by attempting to coat & dyesub stuff like shot glasses or glass mugs but the coatings seem to pretty unavailable. BTW we picked up a Ricoh dyesub printer and it seems to have it all over the R1800. So much easier and less messy that the Epson. Still perfecting our baby bottle ink delivery system for that old dog of a printer...
    You might try these guys, http://www.digicoat.com/digicoat_clear.php?on=2

Neal

Thank you

Thank you for the lead, Neal- Have you ever tried their product? Any experiences to share?
    I just emailed them to see if the have a distributor in the states. I haven't ordered a hazmat product from overseas before and I wonder if that would be a giant hassle?

I just ordered with this company, Neal

Neal-

I visited the link you sent and had concerns about it being overseas...but in less than an hour a US sales rep called me with info on ordering from their SLC, Utah facility. I ordered a line of DigiCoat to try ...as soon as we get a chance to try this out I post the results. Thanks for the great lead.

I am pretty excited about this digi coat.... I ordered some from http://www.transfersupplies.us/catal...ings-54-1.html

This is the USA Distributor. They have a Diga Coat guy on site for the Roll Out to help with questions.

I bought 5 cans and UPS Shipping was only $12.50.... No Hazmat Fee.

My question to Digi Coat via email was answered quickly from the other side of the pond.

I wanted to be able to mark on some thicker Raw Aluminum.

Plus they have a Glow in the Dark Sublimation coating coming out next month...

The How To Videos are very good on the digi coat site.

AL
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 04-17-2010 at 7:15 PM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Did you ever get a chance to try this and did it hold up?
    Stanley

Quote Originally Posted by AL Ursich View Post
    I am pretty excited about this digi coat.... I ordered some from http://www.transfersupplies.us/catal...ings-54-1.html

This is the USA Distributor. They have a Diga Coat guy on site for the Roll Out to help with questions.

I bought 5 cans and UPS Shipping was only $12.50.... No Hazmat Fee.

My question to Digi Coat via email was answered quickly from the other side of the pond.

I wanted to be able to mark on some thicker Raw Aluminum.

Plus they have a Glow in the Dark Sublimation coating coming out next month...

The How To Videos are very good on the digi coat site.

AL
    LaserPro Sprit 30 Watt...Corel X5..PhotoGrav 3.0

It is still sitting here..... I had a cash flow problem and needed to do a bunch of Wood Signs for a quick turn around in cash....

I am looking forward to doing it...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".