Thread: Removeing Mm20 From Pallet?

Question Removeing Mm20 From Pallet?

My MM20 has arrived. I will be moveing it from my plant to my garage shop next week. My question is how have others removed this heavy monster from the 6" high pallet to the floor? What areas should it NOT be lifted?

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian. You didn't say if you got the mobility kit with it, if not, get it.

I have the MM16, and two of us can easily load and unload it from a pickup. IMO, there are not weak spots other than trying to lift it by the motor. My approach would be to unbolt it, get a buddy and slide it back off the pallet until it is near the balance point on the edge, tilt it backward and ease it off the pallet. From there I would rent an appliance dolly to move it into its working place, given that you don't have the mobility kit.
    Best Regards, Ken

At the show this weekend, Sam, Michael and I moved both the MM20 and MM16 off the pallets in the manner that Ken mentions. Two of us at the bottom supporting it as we slid it down off the pallet with the spine on the "bottom".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hey, I don't know how to lift it but what a delicious problem to have!!!
    Lynn
    Lynn J. Sonier

My wife and I just walked the saw off of the pallet. It's pretty lite, only 500lbs or so. Getting the Oneway lathe off a pallett was a lot more work.

Brian, I didn't do an MM20, but I did offload a Laguna 16HD from the pallet all by my lonesome. Pretty much like was described, albeit, took a bit longer and probably sweated a bit more! The 16HD comes in close to the weight of the MM20, though mine did come shipped with the motor and table unmounted, making it substantially lighter.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks Guys I will give it a try next week. I do have the mobility kit, so that will help. I am looking forward to fireing it up.

Brian

Send it to me and I will remove it from the palette for you.

gary