Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ClearVue - Poor Customer Service

Smile I think . ..

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
    I thought we were talking about a crack in a clear plactic cyclone that sits on top of a shopvac. That picture looks like an entire dust collection unit or something.

One thing I am starting to learn is that I shouldn't comment on these customer service posts. It seems to me that it is always a result of poor communication.
    I think we need a Paul Harvey moment . . we need the "REST OF THE STORY" . . .

I think I'll join you and refrain from commenting on these customer service posts in the future . . . I have stuck my foot in the past so far down my throat that I now have tooth marks on my knees . . .

Steve
    Support the "CREEK" . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Steven DeMars View Post
    I think I'll join you and refrain from commenting on these customer service posts in the future . . .

Steve
    Ditto, ditto!!

I know I'm a little late to the party on this post. However, given the title of the post and the fact that others will potentially see it later when researching ClearVue, I wanted to weigh in and mention my support for Ed. I bought a used ClearVue from a third party and he helped me find an end bell for the motor that was damaged in shipping to me, by the original owner. He spend his time and effort to help me out, even though he was under no obligation to help me in any way (I bought it second hand, it was damaged by the shipper, etc...).

A lot of folks who expect the manufacturer to provide exceptional customer service don't work with the public. There was a time in this country where a man's word was his bond. So, it made sense to follow "the customer is always right" policy. In my view, those days are long gone. If you work with the public much, you will be surprised at the large percentage of folks who try to lie, cheat and connive to get their way. It's sad really because it hurts all of us as company's are forced to pull back on "no questions asked" customer service in order to protect themselves.

BTW, these comments are meant to reflect the "general condition," not the OP's specific issue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Michael MacDonald View Post
    why does it matter if UPS damages the cracked cyclone on the way back to ed? I can understand him not paying for the shipping back, but the whole damage liability thing seems odd... its damaged already, can't re-sell it. Melt it down and start over.
    I'm with Mike. So what if UPS smashes the piece? He has seen pictures of the crack and should stand behind his product. I'm building a new shop--ground breaking in May--looks like Onieda just moved up a big notch.

Quote Originally Posted by John A. Scott View Post
    I'm with Mike. So what if UPS smashes the piece? He has seen pictures of the crack and should stand behind his product. I'm building a new shop--ground breaking in May--looks like Onieda just moved up a big notch.
    If you read all of the thread it sounds like he did stand behind his product. He has offered a full refund. The product is no longer made, so a replacement isn't possible. What more can he do in this situation??? I have never purchased from Clear-Vue, and don't know Ed, but personally by looking at the posted photo, I would do a he suggested, and caulk that crack.

Quote Originally Posted by John A. Scott View Post
    Here is the deal- Ed offered a refund. But he CANNOT offer a replacement- he has none to give and cannot make any more under threat of legal action, until the Oneida patent issue is resolved. Other than a refund, all he can do is repair the OP's mini. That would require the OP ship it back to ClearVue, where Ed could repair it, then Ed would ship it back to the OP. That requires two unnecessary shipments and is risking potential further damage. It would be safer and quicker for the OP to make the relatively simple fix himself.