Thread: 5" black plastic dust fittings??

5" black plastic dust fittings??

I see the 4" black plastic elbows, wyes, blast gates, etc. all over the place, but nothing in 5".

What I really need is a plastic 5"-5"-5" or 5"-5"-4" wye. Anybody know if somebody sells these? Otherwise I'll have to pony up the money for metal fittings (and I really don't want to).

Jason
    Last edited by Jason White; 03-19-2010 at 4:39 PM.

Jason - I have never found any 5" fittings, other than blast gates and flex hose, and I looked long and hard. Man up, go for the steel, and join the club.

I'm doing an overhaul, and I've got a bunch of steel on the way from Oneida. I even figured - what the heck - I'm in this deep, might as well get the alum BG also. I never remember what stuff costs 6 months after the fact (unless it is shipped from LN).
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

In Canada you can get them from BusyBee Tools

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=B2959

Only problem...they don't ship to the US. If you will be in Canada they would be a good option...not sure what it would cost to get some down to you in Boston...

Those black plastic "dust fittings" are really horrible...just look at how they are molded inside, especially the elbows where the diameter shrinks really significantly in many of them....

5" is typically the realm of metal duct...as are other "odd" numbers in the sizing scheme, such as 3" or 7".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Guess I'll just stick with my 4" plastic ones until I can afford to "man up."

Thanks.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Jason - I have never found any 5" fittings, other than blast gates and flex hose, and I looked long and hard. Man up, go for the steel, and join the club.

I'm doing an overhaul, and I've got a bunch of steel on the way from Oneida. I even figured - what the heck - I'm in this deep, might as well get the alum BG also. I never remember what stuff costs 6 months after the fact (unless it is shipped from LN).