Thread: New additions for the shop Psssst PICS!!!

New additions for the shop Psssst PICS!!!

They followed me home from Woodcraft today.... (got a free hot dog but that didn't make it in the pics)

This should solve my birch tearout trouble!

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Brian, good for you. I have the 16/32, and while I haven't used it a whole lot, I know enough to agree with you. Birch tear out will be a thing of the past.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only guy who works in a shop along with the furnace. How often do you have to clean it out? Even with dust collection and an air filtration unit, I have to keep pretty close tabs on it. Oh well. The heat is nice in the winter and the air is cool in the summer. What more could you want?

It's always nice to have a project that justifies tool purchases! I was looking hard at the 16-32 but that cut too deep into BS money and this one won't take up as much floor space.

I have one of those washable filters and clean it every 6-8 weeks just out of habit. It's usually not too dirty.

I just ran 14 drawer fronts thru it, started with 80 grit, then 100 and then 150. All they need now is some hand sanding and they're done! This is Way Cool!

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

Congrats on the new toys, err...tools!! I'm pleased with my Performax sander and suspect you'll be happy with yours, too. (Umm...nice blade... )
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I want one. Wonder if I can get a drum sander to follow me home?
    Jim

Brian -

Yep,looks like you have the tearout problem solved for good. Nice effort!

Regards,
    Ted

-Tool justification is half the battle!

Ahh Jim, you noticed the blade! Finally conceeded to getting one since it was right next to the sanding strips and looked lonely...

I've found the best way to get them to follow you home is to entice them with a little plastic. Really gets them moving!!

Tool justification

I justify it is still cheaper to buy a tool for a project than to buy the project finished! Those kind of things just follow you home? Nice!

Nice scores on both, the sander AND the Forest! It's funny you should say that about the blade, though. In our Woodcraft, you have to ask for them to bring one from behind the counter! Seems they've had them follow people home *before* getting their walking papers at the checkout!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Post a review if you get a chance. I was looking at these 6+ months ago when I saw them in Amazon's Tool catalog. Noone knew anything about them at the time.

Can you give a quick run-down? Very interested in hearing.

thx,

Perry

John, are you implying that you Wisconsin folks are not to be trusted?? Or perhaps our store hasn't figured out how to secure them

Perry, i'll try to get something together for you tomorrow. Just got back from an unplanned visit to the vet for our lab, Deezul.....

Brian