Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic bottom bags for Delta 50-760

Plastic bottom bags for Delta 50-760

Where's an affordable place to purchase the 6mil plastic replacement bags for a Delta 50-760? So far all I'm finding is authentic Delta replacement bags at Delta prices of around $17-18 per bag. I have not priced DC bags before but $18 seems a little pricey for a plastic bag. I don't necessarily need a delta factory replacement bag just an equivalent replacement.

I had much the same problem with a grizzly DC. I went to fastenal and requested a quote for bags that would fit the unit. They came out to about half the price of the grizz bags, but there was a minimum purchase.
    All in all I came out good.
    Mick

Richard,

I sent you a PM.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

just go to the BORG and pick up a box of "contractor grade" garbage bags.

They are not clear, but they work just fine, and the price was around $20-$30 for a BOX of bags. Forget this $18 each.

Here is a thread
    where I show photos of my DC + contractor bags.
    "It's Not About You."

Wynn Environmental sells a 10 pack of the bags for $14. I'm currently using those as they came with the filter kit for my 50-760. Diameter is a bit larger, but not a big deal as I tape it on with double-stick carpet tape. You can also try uline.com, which is an industrial pkging supplier, and look for "drum liners".

Certainly cheaper than $17-$18/bag
    http://woodturning.pennstateind.com/...stic+dust+bags

I plan on just using large, black contractor trash bags when mine need replacing. No way I'm spending that much money just to get the clear bags.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Andersen View Post
    Where's an affordable place to purchase the 6mil plastic replacement bags for a Delta 50-760? So far all I'm finding is authentic Delta replacement bags at Delta prices of around $17-18 per bag. I have not priced DC bags before but $18 seems a little pricey for a plastic bag. I don't necessarily need a delta factory replacement bag just an equivalent replacement.

Just ran into the same situation with my pm dust collector, the bags were $15 dollars each . I went to menards and bought the contractors garbage bags for around 20$ for a box of 25. They work great, they are black instead of clear but I can live with that, I change them when they are 1/2 full now, cause my dc works soooo much better.

I use paper yard bags - $0.40 each

Richard,

I put the compostable paper yard waste bags on my DC. You do have to keep track of how full they are (DAMHOIK) but they mount up as easy as the plastic bags. About $0.40 a piece, no emptying needed. I put them out to the curb with the rest of the yard waste. I planed and jointed a bunch of Ash this winter and have yet to find any noticeable leakage with them. Here's the thread I wrote on it a while back:

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=122859

Brian

Blog Entries
    Richard,

I get my bags at Penn State Industries on line.

I'm not sure of the cost but they were more affordable than the Delta bags and they are the proper mil thickness for the duct collector.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Just ran into the same situation with my pm dust collector, the bags were $15 dollars each . I went to menards and bought the contractors garbage bags for around 20$ for a box of 25. They work great, they are black instead of clear but I can live with that, I change them when they are 1/2 full now, cause my dc works soooo much better.

Can do it even cheaper
    Kirkland brand from Costco were ones I used. Had used the HD bags from Menards too - work great also. Just a bit cheaper at Costco is all

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    which size for the 50-760, 25 or 40 gal? don't want anything too large, I'm planning on making the trash can seperator modification that sits on the dust collector next to the lower bag.

which size for the 50-760, 25 or 40 gal? don't want anything too large, I'm planning on making the trash can seperator modification that sits on the dust collector next to the lower bag.
    I bought the Wynn bags (I live close to their office) so here it what I think. It depends on the diameter of the ring--25 gal. are for 14.5" rings, 40 gal. for 20" diameter rings.

I notice that the contractor bags are thinner (3-4mils) vs the 6-7mil thick DC bags. Do you guys have any problems with the contractor bags holding up? I would sure hate for the bag to burst when it's half full...would probably make a huge mess.

I notice that the contractor bags are thinner (3-4mils) vs the 6-7mil thick DC bags. Do you guys have any problems with the contractor bags holding up? I would sure hate for the bag to burst when it's half full...would probably make a huge mess.
    Richard... I've filled at least a dozen bags on my DC over the past 2 years. Usually I stop at around the 2/3-full mark, since I don't want to risk overfilling. Also, that is pretty heavy and that's about all I want to hall around.

I've never had a bag burst. I'm actually more concerned about bumping into a sharp corner somewhere as I haul the bag through and out of my shop.
    "It's Not About You."