Thread: Dust collection done, for now

Dust collection done, for now

The ducts are up and the machine are hooked in finally, getting everything hooked into six inch wasn't easy, took alot of head scratching. I'd like to thank everybody for all of the ideas and inspiration were it not for that I'd still be starin and wonderin, thanks everybody and here are some pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

dust collection

Great job. I'd like to see what you did with ms a little closer. From what I can see.... the 3 holes at the bottom are enough for the 6" duct to draw all the dust ? Sweeeeeeeeeet !

Nice job on the ducting, and very nice shop overall.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Deb, here are the pictures hope this helps, there is also a slot at the bottom to increase cfm, draws pretty good. Here are a couple of pictures of the dust collection set-up on my saw, i used heavy sheets of rubber cut in strategic places so my saw can still be used in 45's and also covers the back so as to give me enough draw for six inch hose. Hope this helps someone.
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

That is a really great job!! I plumbed all my stuff with 6" and it wsa a bit of a trick but you will be happy you did it that way. Makes a huge difference.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sweet!

I am insanely jealous

Cool

1. There is one thing that I would do different and that is to some how enclose my sixty gallon compressor and my dust collector in a covered insulated biulding away from the main shop, still may when I biuld my recources back up, this dust collection unit was it for awhile.
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

Darin, looks like you have done an excellent job. What is the sq footage of your shop? I'm in the very early stages of a total remodel myself; with a central DC on the drawing board - after I insulate, re-wire and put a wooden floor over my slab, and install a furnace. I was hoping the central DC would go in this year, but that could easily slide - resources.

It is 900 sq. ft. , when I spent the money to insulate and sheath with OSB I thought that was the best money I had ever spent, then I installed the dust collection system. All I have to say is wow!!! There is no more coughing and hacking and the shop stays so much cleaner, as does the rest of my house. Guess what im sayin is the dusi collection awesome but it's nice to be comfortable and awesome at the same time.
    Last edited by Darin Higginbotham; 03-25-2010 at 5:01 AM.
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

I am picking up my collector tomorrow. Very nice job on this, if I can get mine done as half as good as you did, I should be fine.
    Rabbit 9060 80W - Graphtec Craft Robo Pro - Corel Draw X4 - LaserCut 5.3