Thread: Even up legs on a table.

Even up legs on a table.

Looking for suggestions for levelling up the legs on a side table I just finished. I have all kinds of ideas, but am trying hard not to wind up chasing my tail.

Thanks,
    Paul

If all four legs will fit on your table saw, place the table on the surface and rock the table to determine which legs are taller. Using spray adhesive or double back stick tape, attach some 80 grit sand paper underneath the tall leg(s). Grab the leg and sand it. Keep doing until the table is stable. Works quite well. Got the idea from David Marks.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Blog Entries
    I recently completed a desk with six legs. Even though I was very careful cutting the legs exactly the same length, it wobbled slightly when sitting on a flat surface. I place the desk on my saw table and determined which two legs were causing the rocking. I put 3/4" wood shims under all six legs then used my flush cutting saw against the shim to trim off a slight amount (about 1/32") from the bottom of the two long legs. A single pass on each of two legs completely eliminated my problem.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute