Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need dust collection that really sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Rodriquez View Post
    To start, it wouldn't be too bad to forego the ductwork. That's where everything starts to get really expensive. Have them do the design and see if you can buy the parts locally.

I think you can get it with 20 feet of flex hose, a 6/5 reducer and a 5/4 reducer. This would allow you to move it from tool to tool, assuming they are within reach of the machine.

Down the road, buy the wyes and 5” blast gates from them and I honestly think you could get away with Home Depot S/L for everyting else.

You read my mind! That's what I am doing since I know what running the ductwork will lead to and I need to finish the bathroom before I remodel the shop....again....

V3000

I just setup my v3000 about 3 weeks ago. I have not setup proper duct work yet so I am just using 6 inch flex hose until later in the summer. When I purchased from them about 1 month ago I got them to throw the remote in for free and they lowered the shipping by $50. So for me the increase from the 2000 to 3000 only was 50 dollars. I would def ask and see if they will do something similar for you. With the purchase of the 3000 they will design the duct work for you.

Overall I am happy with it and should be much happier once I get all the duct work. I was on the fence on what I wanted to do, but the dust was getting a bit much in my basement. Good luck with whatever you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rash View Post
    I was on the fence on what I wanted to do, but the dust was getting a bit much in my basement. Good luck with whatever you choose
    Sounds like my story. Garage is the main way in and out of the house and the dust is getting to be too much and I'm starting to feel it.

Trigger pulled on the 3000 sale deal they have going on through the rest of the month. Remote, bag gripper, 20ft flex hose, clamps, adapters, dust deputy, plus I opted for the wall mount. The bag gripper and remote made the price difference worth it, and then some.

Once I get it (a week or so I guess) I'll post back up with some photos and opinions.

Thank you all for your opinions and advice, it helped.

V3000 Wall bracket

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Dave,

Here's a couple of shots of some simple modifications I did to the wall bracket. I added a brace to make it studier (should be done by Oneida) and I put rubber dampers between the cyclone and the bracket to help with vibration and noise transmission.

John

Blog Entries
    I've briefly looked at that one and the Clear Vue. Everyone boasts about the clear view but the MDF assembly and having to buy and cutup a trashcan just seems sketchy to me, now if its the best bang for the buck I'll give it a try, I just wonder about it and what makes it so special.
    My thoughts:

Clearvue is better at:
    - best DC performance / dollar for 1-person shops (blast gates shut, 6" run from DC to drop)
    - ability to see chip level / DC problems
    - Winn filters are excellent + VERY little dust goes into the filters (even fine dust is collected in the drum)
    - "Lightweight" system. Even with 2 people, lifting the cyclone onto support brackets REALLY sucks. I can only imagine the heavier Oneida cyclones.

Oneida is better at:
    - larger DC system performance for multiple person shops (8"+ DC to branch for multiple machines)
    - free ductwork design
    - steel cyclone & mounting frame
    - Everything is ready out of the box (2-3hr setup vs all day setup on the Clearvue)

IMO, the 5HP+ industrial Oneida systems are excellent and you pay for that excellence. With any system, modification to the tool's DC port can greatly improve collection efficiency.

I have a Clearvue but ordered pipe through Oneida (free design if you spend $500 IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post

Dave,

Here's a couple of shots of some simple modifications I did to the wall bracket. I added a brace to make it studier (should be done by Oneida) and I put rubber dampers between the cyclone and the bracket to help with vibration and noise transmission.

John
    Thanks. Plenty of scrap metal laying around, I'll weld something up to it when I get it in. Looks like it's already shipped so hopefully I'll have some gloat this weekend

They don't mess around. It got here this am so I went home at lunch and un-boxed it all (all 7 boxes). Haven't even started hooking it up but just looking at it all I the build quality is great, there is a lot material there for the money, if it works half as good as the parts look it should work out great. I'll post back up once it's hooked up.

WOW! That's all I can say. Not even a comparison to my old DC. Need to run the ductwork some time this summer. Also picked up a used PSI table saw gaurd, mounted to the cealing, need to triangulate it a bit for more support but so far zero dust in the air!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations on your purchase of a cyclone. But I would be looking for a bigger barrel. Mine is a 50 gallon, and when I plane down lumber, I constantly run it over. So keep a close eye on the hose running into the drum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase of a cyclone. But I would be looking for a bigger barrel. Mine is a 50 gallon, and when I plane down lumber, I constantly run it over. So keep a close eye on the hose running into the drum.
    Yeah already emptied it first day of use from planing. It's got more capacity than my old bag unit but it also sucks up more dust.... I'll keep my eyes open for a bigger drum down the road.