Thread: Cat Clock

Cat Clock

Pardon the clutter; I'm running out of places to photograph my work (I need a photo box, I know). This is my first clock, a very simple silhouette of a cat. The wood is Spanish Cedar, with a couple of coats of Danish Oil. I based it on a clock I saw on the 'Net (but they had tails). Can you see the mouse on the second hand? I think that's hilarious. About 13" tall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Minto; 03-23-2010 at 7:37 AM.

Nice job, Mike, and a nice collage of your various projects!! Cute mouse, BTW!

That's really cute.

Interesting build Mike. I see someone is into cats... need any currently?
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

cats are like tools - you can never have too many (five, currently).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Minto View Post
    cats are like tools - you can never have too many (five, currently).
    You have five and they all get along? We have 4, 2 male & 2 females all neutered. The two females tolerate one another--sorta.

I really like the clock, Mike. The mouse hand is so cute! Where did you get it? I may have to make a cat clock myself (although cat items are forbidden at my house)!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Belinda, got all the hardware from Klockit.com. (btw, you need to clear your message/mailbox - says you have exceeded your limit and can't receive any more PM's!).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Minto View Post
    Belinda, got all the hardware from Klockit.com. (btw, you need to clear your message/mailbox - says you have exceeded your limit and can't receive any more PM's!).
    Thanks for the info, Mike. Yeah, I just received the notification about the PM's. I took care of it.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Nice

Not a big cat fan here but I like your project. When I read the title I was half expecting the classic clock with the cats tail swinging. I was intriqued how did he build that! ?
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop