Thread: My First Gloat!

My First Gloat!

I'm not sure if there are rules concerning gloats, but here goes! I was at the local Ace/True Value hardware store today, killing time during my lunch break. I was checking out table saw blades because I had noticed earlier that they carried better blades than I could get at the local Menard's or Home Depot. I was disappointed to find nothing but Ace, Oldham, and Freud Diablo. As I was about to leave, a clerk stopped me and said, "Watch ya lookin' for, buddy?" I told him I was looking for Freud Industrial class blades but couldn't find any. He said "Oh them? Them are over there on that discount rack at the end of asile 2." I checked where he had directed me and found a stack of red 10" Freud blades on a peg. I started to look through them and noticed that everything in the stack was priced $48.99. You can imagine my surprise when the first four I lifted off the stack were Premier Fusion, followed by a Glue Line Rip and an LU84 combination. All .126 kerf and all 6 for $310 with tax! I hesitated about five seconds and then took all six to the checkout. I don't know if the price was accidental or because they are discontinuing the line, but I don't care. I won't debate the quality of these blade against Forrest or Ridge, etc. but at the price, how could I go wrong? I think I won't have to buy a new blade for the rest of my life!

Decent price on brand new Freuds! No doubt Ace tryed to sell the blades at full suggested retail and had no takers. That's one way to move them--discount them by at 25 or 30%!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

congrats on a good purchase. and, you'll see......since you got them at a great price, they'll outperform anything else you'll buy at full price. enjoy them in safety.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fleming View Post
    I'm not sure if there are rules concerning gloats,
    Only rule is: No pics, didn't happen. Good deal on the blades, though.

Good Gloat. Nice find. The only thing you are missing is the pictures. It didn't happen if there aint pics.

Very good deal. Seems as though they must have missed that Fusion blade in mix. Wish I could come across a fusion for 50 bucks. I'd be interested in how the Fusion blade performs for you. Im contemplating on what combo blade I want. I still think I'm going to go with the Infinity.

They were cheap because they are all defective...all there kerfs are 1 thousandth to large

I have several P410s as well as 3 or 4 40T WWIIs and for me the Fusions are a better blade and slightly cheaper too, even at full retail. I am also a fan of the glue line rip except for really thick stock when I use a 20T WWII with the huge gullets.