Thread: Check out the sketchup of my shop please

Check out the sketchup of my shop please

Shop dimensions are 21' deep and 18.5' wide. With a 4'x4' dust collector/compressor enclosure built outside the side door.

Equipment is all grizzly

12" 5hp table saw dont remember model number already have it
    12" 3hp jointer
    19" 3hp bandsaw
    3hp cyclone

all other standard tools and such are in the cabinets or in the shop island.

Island is 2 4'x8' pieces that can be joined. All equipment is on Zambus leveling casters. Radial armsaw is a old dewault, and is on a pivot in the top.

Shop island is torsion box bottoms and tops with 3/4 oak ply for the carcass construction, drawers and cabinets are 29" deep with a 16" wide open space under the top for additional lumber storage as well as planer sled storage

Floor is epoxy also.

I assume that the wall with no cupboards is a garage type door so that you can feed long boards to the table saw. However do you have enough room on the outfeed side of the saw?

Quote Originally Posted by David Cefai View Post
    I assume that the wall with no cupboards is a garage type door so that you can feed long boards to the table saw. However do you have enough room on the outfeed side of the saw?
    correct

where the saw is at now i can out feet 8 feet of lumber past the blade before i hit the garage door, The whole island is on casters and can be moved anywhere in the shop.

12" jointer, but no planer?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    12" jointer, but no planer?
    13" planer is in one of the cabinets its a delta portable

Neat drawings.

Does the cabinet wall opposite the TS access door swing open or can it be removed? You will need to get in that door to do maintenance on the saw, clear obstructions from the DC port, etc.

Otherwise, I like the TS cabinet. It and the big outfeed are similar to what I have around my saw.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Robert you put a lot of thought in to your shop, looks good
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I would spring for a roof...

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    Neat drawings.

Does the cabinet wall opposite the TS access door swing open or can it be removed? You will need to get in that door to do maintenance on the saw, clear obstructions from the DC port, etc.

Otherwise, I like the TS cabinet. It and the big outfeed are similar to what I have around my saw.
    YES once that door is opened (that is where my blades and inserts will be) the board they are mounted on swings open to give me access to opening the motor cover to do maintenance.

As a repair tech, your table saw enclosure is one I dread on service calls. Typically to change bearings or an arbor I take the top off to access the inside of the saw. I like to come in and get the job done quick and folks don't want to pay anymore than necessary. On some occasions I can work from the side without taking the top off but it's not the best way to do it and inspect everything inside the saw. When you set up shop, plan for eventual maintenance and repairs as you set up things. The extra time spent now will pay for itself later easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lizek View Post
    As a repair tech, your table saw enclosure is one I dread on service calls. Typically to change bearings or an arbor I take the top off to access the inside of the saw. I like to come in and get the job done quick and folks don't want to pay anymore than necessary. On some occasions I can work from the side without taking the top off but it's not the best way to do it and inspect everything inside the saw. When you set up shop, plan for eventual maintenance and repairs as you set up things. The extra time spent now will pay for itself later easily.
    The saw can be removed from the island in about 15 minutes. (the saw will be mounted on a thin piece of plastic that will allow it to slide on the torsion box onto a platform that its sitting on now

Ramsey Ramco Guest
    Looks good!

How does the RAS move?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler mckee View Post
    How does the RAS move?
    its just on a pivot with two deadbolts in the cabinets on either side that look it in place.