Thread: Name rules thread deleted

Tim Guest

Name rules thread deleted

Hi all,

I deleted the rules thread because I think some of the comments were getting counter-productive. I hadn't intended to start arguments. I just wanted to get some clarity on rules preferences, which I think we got. The preference seems pretty clear.

The final poll tally:
    10 for first or last names
    56 for first and last names
    4 for don't care
    (why does everything in life seem to come down to an 80/20 split?)

Many people mentioned that they felt that including last names gave them a greater sense of community. I guess I can understand that, and I admire the attempt to create (or re-create, as the case may be) a "community" in the typically impersonal and unfriendly cyberspace.

You can NEVER beat Paredo

Well Tim you should know that Paredo is always right. It's aggravating at times, but most things stand up to the rule.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Re: You can NEVER beat Paredo

Originally posted by Dave Anderson NH
    Well Tim you should know that Paredo is always right. It's aggravating at times, but most things stand up to the rule.
    Did you mean Pareto? I think it actually goes back to Aristotle "every community is established with a view to some good; for mankind always act in order to obtain that which they think good."

Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I really think if you'll go & read the members listing & how most of the members registered using their 1st & last name you'll kinda get the idea. I look at this list as the voting having already been done.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Tim Guest

Not exactly the same thing . . .

You're right about the member directory Bart, but I wasn't asking anyone else to change how they post. I was merely asking if others would allow me continue to post as I had on the Pond.