Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Poisonwood

very nice...

Beautiful wood....better turning. Love it...Bill..

Ditto on the quality of the joinery. That is some really beautiful wood. Form & finish is great.

I love that wood Robert, and I like the way you sit the pewter lids up on top of the bowl. That really looks good.

BTW, one of the best books I've ever read was 'The Poisonwood Bible'. The setting for it was in Africa but I wonder if it is the same wood.

loving the wood, great job.

Pretty little form, and great job on the segmenting. Well done Robert.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Awesome color and great form and finish. Hope the color stays just the way it is. You do some truly amazing work, thanks for sharing
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

I'll agree with the others on the beauty of your piece.

Chechen or redheart color DOES fade over time, especially in UV light, to the tan color you noted earlier. Almost no color in wood is permanent. I put the red in box elder and redheart in the "Less Permanent than Most" category. Bloodwood is perhaps best at retaining the red, but I think that fresh redheart is prettier. You certainly captured it.