Thread: Jogies! Jorgies everywhere!!

Jogies! Jorgies everywhere!!

I was driving past the Orange Borg this evening and I remembered their nice hand tool sale. So I decided to go inside and see if there is anything interesting. They had a few 40" Jorgies, but they were too big for what I need. So I found a guy who worked there and, get this... he happily looked into whether they had other sizes! Sure enough, they had 6 36" clamps and 2 24" clamps somewhere in storage. He dillegently looked through his inventory and found the clamps for me. Now wait... it gets better!! The clamps were also on clearance! the 36" were $30 each down from 37 and the 24" were $25 each down from $32. Dont you just love a bargain!! So here are my 8 new Jorgie Cabinet Master clamps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Bargans are always nice to find, especially when tools are involved!!! Nice score, Dan.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Here too

I spotted that clearance at my HD while debating whether to buy Jorgenson or Bessey for my first parallel jaw clamps. I didn't dig as deep as you did though. Just two 36" and two 24" for me. I've used them for several glueups already. Some people bash the Cabinet Masters, but so far they're working well for me. I should have taken the parallel jaw clamp plunge earlier. A real pleasure to use. Enjoy yours!

Picked up 6 myself

I picked up 6 today and plan on mailing my gift card paper work tomorrow. Spend $218, get $80 gift card. Not bad. I only had to visit 2 stores. The tool guy wasn't optimistic that they had them (none displayed), but with my encouragement he worked the ladder like a pro. I have 3 raised panel doors in them right now. So far I like them much better than my aluminum bar clamps and pipe clamps.

brent

Another nice clamp haul!

Ok I give up, what's the difference between the Jorgies & Bessy's. These look just like the Bessy's I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J Bachler
    Ok I give up, what's the difference between the Jorgies & Bessy's. These look just like the Bessy's I have.
    Bessies tend to be lighter.
    Jorgies have bigger clamp heads.
    Bessies are a few dollars more expensive.

Outside of these differences, I cannot find any real differences.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Mark, they "work" pretty much the same so the choice largely comes down to "color preference", existing "inventory" and frankly...good deals/timing. I happen to have all Besseys; tried to buy a bunch of Jorgies during the "Jorgie Orgie" awhile back, but Amazon shipped me Besseys as a replacement when they couldn't supply the intended purchase...for the same price. I picked up four more Besseys at the show last weekend in 31"...I didn't have any of that size but have often found the need. These are the first that have the removable ends in my collection...a feature they added when Jorgie came out with their clamps and the head reversal capability.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Be sure to ask.
    Some of you may remember my Bessey haul a while back.

Find the tool manager and see if he will discount the sale price if you buy several. I actually got 50% off the sale price when I bought the Besseys by buying all they had.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution