Thread: Flex hose preference

Flex hose preference

Hi,

I just picked up the HFDC and I am starting to install my dust pipe using 4"s&d. I am using hard pipe everywhere I can and connecting to the machines with flex.

I am wondering if anyone has a preference in flex hose. Amazon has a few different ones.

Thanks,
    Todd

Ps. Couple of hints. I had the lady at HF issue me a rain check for the DC because they were always out. She marked the price $139.99 after seeing my coupon. When I picked it up I was able to use the 20% coupon also. Total was just under $118.

When putting my pipe together I was able to use an old bike innertube to join the pieces. It was tough to stretch but holds great with no air leakage. If you try it, put the innertube on the fitting halfway and fold it back on itself. Install the fitting on the pipe and fold the innertube over onto the pipe.

Todd, I just installed some of this hose today "4"dia CVD Heavy Duty Clear Hose from Penn State" and it is great. I used it mainly for coupling blast gates to pipes but it can also be used for straight runs and is self grounding.

A good deal IMO is Wynn Enviromental, I bought a length of 25' of six inch, very heavy, high quality stuff. The bill was 114.23 with tax, amount depends on area where you live, still very reasonable. Look them up at WYNN ENVIROMENTAL, Steve Wynn is a very reasonable guy to deal with.
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

I have a couple of 10' sections from Menards that I like. I bought a black 10' section from Woodcraft and don't really care for it. It doesn't roll up very well when not in use. It would probably work okay if you just used it for hooking up individual sections for each tool, but for a portable hose I just didn't care for it.

+1 for Wynne

Quote Originally Posted by David Prince View Post
    I have a couple of 10' sections from Menards that I like. I bought a black 10' section from Woodcraft and don't really care for it. It doesn't roll up very well when not in use. It would probably work okay if you just used it for hooking up individual sections for each tool, but for a portable hose I just didn't care for it.
    I like the woodcraft stuff, it seems to increase airflow for me since it is fairly rigid and forces you to keep it fairly straight, but then again I have it set up between my hard pipe and machines, I don't roll it up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't made up my mind yet.

I was a bit wooried going with 4" s&d, I know some of you have gone to 5 and 6 inch hose for your DC. However, tonight I fired up the DC. I have about a 14' run to the table saw with a couple of turns and another 8' to the jointer. This thing sucks good. I don't have my blast gates made yet and the motor cover is off the unisaw and it still sucked shavings from the jointer with ease.

Now the fun begins finding all the correct sizes for the other tools and figuring out something for the SCMS. I imagine I will be building many of these. Let the fun begin.

Oh and forget the innertube idea. I ran out of the old and got a new one at wally world. It doesn't stretch very much at all. I guess it will be silicone.

Todd