Thread: Where to buy dust collection hose

Where to buy dust collection hose

Im redoing my system, on some of my smaller machines the ports are 2 1/2". I'm loking for a roll larger then 10 feet, there are many supplers that carry it only in 10' rolls. I would like to find a 50' roll. Some of my gates are closer then 10'. I dont want to slice the hose with all the small left overs. Any help I thank you

Rich

Are you sure you really want that? Any length of flex hose seriously restricts airflow - if you insist on using such small diameter, using PVC pipe wherever possible will be a big help (plus - it's way cheaper).

Peach Tree USA is one source.
    Stan

Air handling systems and Wynn enviromental both on the net sell in 25' rolls for sure, might be wise to keep it smaller due to bulkiness of 25' let alone 50', just my opinion.
    YOURS TRULY,
    DARIN

Peachtree Woodworking carries 50' boxes of 2.5" DC hose.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I have a 25" hose from Woodcraft. Cheap if you wait for free shipping. However, many of those hoses collapse upon restriction, so unless it's supported to the hilt, it'll jump on ya. Also, the suction is significantly reduced over long runs.

I have mine on a shop vac used for cleanup, because I really flexibility and maneuverability. But if you are really going to use this as dust collection to hook up to semistationary tools, then IMHO, yr better off using pvc20 or 40 for the runs, with flexible drops just above the tools.

I'm with Dan...I'd be afraid that long runs of flex, especially 2 1/2, you would really lose some effectiveness. Depending on what you are doing with it, it might be better to use smooth pipe, although 2 1/2" pipe would be hard to find. Is this being used with a shop vac, or with a dust collection blower? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.