Thread: CM 22116 Question

CM 22116 Question

I am considering getting this saw and was wondering if the Bies fence that I have will work with the rails/tubes it comes with or do I need to get them separately.

Thanks

Orlando
    Last edited by Orlando Gonzalez; 03-30-2010 at 7:17 PM.

Orlando - It looks to me that the front rail tube on the 22116 is square with less depth than the fence tube on the Biese. The Commercial Biese fence uses 2" x 3" tube stock.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thanks Scott. I just deposited my Ridgid 3660 at the county dump after trying to get it aligned again. For some reason mine just never cooperated.

Do you know if the 22116 will accept the Biese rails, can I upgrade to the Steel City Industrial/Deluxe fence/rails, or am I pretty much stuck with what it comes with?

With some effort, just about any aftermarket fence can be made to fit just about any standard full size table saw. I'd give the stock fence a try first, you can always sell it and upgrade later if you don't like it.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....