Thread: My new "disappearing" router table...

My new "disappearing" router table...

I recently acquired a PC 7518 router for dedicated use in my non-existent router table...thus i needed to build one. I purchased the woodpecker PRL-V2 for the lift. Table size is 28"d X 38"w.

It started with a torsion box type construction with 1/2" MDF. I then used contact cement to attached the solid surface material to the top. I was not sure that this would hold, but i am pretty happy with the result so far.

Now before you all ask why I decided to fix my router table in one location and that I am really limiting my self with long stock etc... It was about my only option because im running out of usable square footage in my shop. At this point the majority of my use for a router table is for pattern routing. small-ish parts, and it does so very well! It was also constructed so that if in the future my shop grows I can remove it from the wall and build a cabinet for it.

The piece of MDF on the top with the nobs simply retains the lift when in the upright position. I didnt really want to risk the dropping of +/-$700 worth of router and lift...

i have since built a simple fence for the table, that uses the rear T-tracks and have a few more ideas for accessories to come.

Thanks for reading
    NWB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Looks like a nice table.

However . . . do my eyes deceive me, or did you use figured wood for the legs?!?

Very cool, I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Doret View Post
    Looks like a nice table.

However . . . do my eyes deceive me, or did you use figured wood for the legs?!?
    I did... Its some curly maple that has been chasing me around for a few years.
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Looks very sufficient Nick. My next table (if ever as the one I built 10 years ago is still strong) will have a metal insert plate.

Enjoy....
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

I really like it... especially the legs.

It would be interesting to incorporate some sort of provision for under the table dust collection that would also disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sepucha View Post
    I really like it... especially the legs.

It would be interesting to incorporate some sort of provision for under the table dust collection that would also disappear.

I'm still working on the dust collection... Since the table has only been around for a few weeks I don't feel comfortable committing to a specific design until I get some more hours in front of it.

You can probably see the bungees that keep the legs retracted and against the wall as the table lowered into position.

So far I've used it to do some flush trimming and it has been GREAT! The lift has also been very nice and not to mention the raw power of the big router.

-NWB

Nick I like the table what did you use for the top is it corin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahl Troy View Post
    Nick I like the table what did you use for the top is it corin?
    Dahl,
    Corian is a brand of solid surface material made by DuPont. I'm not sure of the brand as I recieved a pile of scraps from a local company that went out of business. But for all intents, yes it is Corian, Wilsonart, LG, Formica, etc...

It machines well with any carbide cutter, BUT it STINKS when you cut it!
    Thanks,
    NWB

Nice Work

A router table is a great tool to have in any shop. I like the functional design. Great job!