Thread: Ash DVD Storage Rack

Ash DVD Storage Rack

I finally ahve something to post that's not a guitar. I made this for my stepson who is an avid gamer. The home office had stacks of DVD cases all over the counter and I decided a DVD storage rack was in order. It still needs a finish on it.

Now, building a guitar takes a bit of thought and prep and I have to admit, I launched into this simple project with both guns blazing only to later realise I made a critical error in my design.

The original had only 3 dowels per level...one in front and two in back. My mistake was putting the two in back on the same verticle plane...so, the cases had nothin to sit on except the front dowel.

My solution was to add 2 more dowels on the bottom of each level to create a "dowel shelf". This thing is a tank for sure.

I learned an important lesson on this one. Live and learn.
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

What appears to be simple is sometimes not as a crucial detail can be over-looked as you did. Great solution as my son is also a gamer and could use a couple of these. When I get through filling his mom's requisition list if ever... maybe?
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler