Thread: Cutlist for Sketchup

Cutlist for Sketchup

Hello, I just installed the Cutlist plugin for Sketchup. I extracted to the correct directory and it shows on the drop down plugins menu but when i try to use it I get the messege Below. I have a high speed cable modem,always connected. Any ideas?

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. What you can try: Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected. Retype the address. Go back to the previous page. More information
    This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    Internet connectivity has been lost. The website is temporarily unavailable. The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

In your SketchUp plugin directory (? "C:\Program Files\Google\SketchUp\Plugins\" ?) there should be a folder "cutlistui". That folder contains the html files used by the Cutlist user interface. If they are missing or inaccessible for some reason, you'll get the message you reference. The contents of that directory include:

Files:
    cutlistresult.html
    cutlistui.html
    example.css
    tabber.js
    Thumbs.db
    wz_jsgraphics.js

Folder:
    images
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

Cutlist for Sketchup

Yes I believe they are in the correct directory-

C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp 7\Plugins\cutlist_4.0.7

There are html files in there too. when I click on them the browser opens and displays the page. Can't imagine what's wrong. I don't understand why it needs to access the internet?

It's not trying to access the internet. The error message you see is a generic message displayed by the browser whenever it's unable to open an html page for whatever reason. The message is written as if the file were out on the internet somewhere since that's the usual case. However, in this case, the html file is on your local computer instead of the internet, but the browser displays the same message in either case.

Is there a "cutlistui" folder that contains the html files? At the same directory level as the cutlist program script?
    cutlist.jpg
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA