Thread: Couple of Cobs

Couple of Cobs

Here are a couple of corn cob Cigar pens I turned to replace those sold last week.... these are from cobs that have been laying in my FIL's old chicken coop for about 30 yrs... bone dry and real pretty... a lot nicer when finished than new cobs... but a real PITA to work with because of the hardness and silica embedded in the cobs...
    Hardware is Black Chrome, Satin Gold and Shiny Gold...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Mullane
    Hagerstown, MD
    If you work with your hands you are a laborer
    If you work with your hands and head you are a craftsmwn
    If you work with your hands, head and heart you are an artist

Tom -

Very nice. Looks like you have a gold mine in that chicken coop.

Ted

Tom, those continue to impress me. I would love to see you turn one and try it myself. Mighty fine work!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Talking

You ever get up to MD, you are more than welcome to come to the shop (also known as the unheated garage) to turn a cob pen with me...
    Of course I could always be coerced by a Woodturning Club willing to pay my way someplace warm and cozy during the winter to display my corn cob techniques... LOL....
    Last edited by Tom Mullane; 11-12-2004 at 12:06 PM.
    Tom Mullane
    Hagerstown, MD

Qiute different and so nice looking. Fantastic!!

Tom, my son and his wife are in Odenton. How far is that from you? Last weekend they went to the "Punkin Chunkin" somewhere nearby, don't remember where exactly but they said it was great fun day till a few punkins went the wrong way. No one was hurt but they said they had enough after 5-6 hours of watching punkins fly several thousand feet...
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

According to MapQuest they are just below Baltimore that puts them about 80 miles east of me... I am just off Rt81 in Hagerstown, MD..
    Tom Mullane
    Hagerstown, MD