Thread: New Saw

New Saw

I finally got my souvenir from our trip to Maine last summer installed.

It came from a cupola and weather vane shop along the highway that goes from the mainland to Mt. Desert Island. I hesitated to buy it because of the cost but LOML egged me on. At the time I thought I'd build a cupola and bought the pole for that mounting but I'm not sure when I'll get to that so I called them a couple weeks ago and bought a shorter pole and a mouthing bracket so I could start enjoying it as it should be rather than in the corner of the family room.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Matt
    I like it is it a made up weather vein ? or something old ? i have a weather vein on the front of my shop [ a hog what else would a farmer have right ?]but that is way nicer Lawrence

The vane itself is all copper. Its pretty detailed though--he even cut the teeth. The pole and directionals are brass, the balls are copper, and the bracket is stainless steel. They build them to last.

Anyone who's driven to Bar Harbor Maine has passed the store on the right just before you cross onto the island. Acadia Weathervanes is the name.

That's awesome!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...