Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

12 May 2010

Good Morning Everyone,

It's been a nice week of weather here. A bit on the windy side from time to time, but hey, its been nice outside and the yard and garden season is in full swing.

My 1st chair repair job has now been completed and I don't think it was too bad. The hardest part of taking a wobbly chair apart is trying to get it apart without breaking something. One of these days, I'll figure out just how to loosen up the chair joints just enough to get them apart without any additional undue stress to the chair joints.

My riding more has broken down on me and this time it has a fried IC board for the ignition and the electronic stuff on the tractor/mower part. I'm sure John Deere is proud of the board, so I guess I'll find that out later today.

Well, that's it for me, besides another chair coming from the same lady at church who wants all 5 of her chairs to be reglued back together to make them sturdy once again.

So what did YOU do that past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Bathroom stuff. Replaced 4 lights, TP bar thingy, new granite countertop installed over a cherry vanity I built some time ago, two facets installed. Painted bathroom. new medicine cabinet, GFI outlet, light switch, two new vanity mirrors, back splash installed. New plumbing supply.

Did most of the shopping on Saturday, most of the install on Sunday. Only thing left to do is figure out how to connect drain plumbing to a system that used to be only only sink that is now two and install two towel bars. Think I've got the drain figured out though. May not be up to code - seeing how I don't know what that would be in this situation.

I got to work in the shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I accomplished 0 in the shop but loved it.

A group of 15 guys from church went camping. There was no cel phone service, no internet no nothing that was invented after 1950 on the trip. Nothing but us, fishing on the river and good fellowship around the campfire. Its the most relaxed I've been in a year

Built the last of the drawer boxes for our kitchen remod. Now I have around 50 doors to build.

I'll be in the shop for the next few weekends. I'm missing prime riding season here in Texas.

Sat am went out for parts. Replaced spark plug and drive belt on the newest mower hand me down. Mowed. (got brownie points with LOML on that ) Finished up 4" blast gate for the new overhead pick up for the new saw. Went out and got LOML a new string trimmer. Lowe's has a deal through today on the Troy Built trimmers, 4 cycle ones for sure, didn't look at the 2 cycle ones, for a free electric starter for the trimmer. Works like a charm! LOML said it had to be easy to start, or it needed to be electric, or I would end up edging! (I hate edging ) so I think this will keep me out of trouble.
    Sunday mounted the blast gate at the ceiling and redid the hose. New over head pick up works great. Even rides up over the SmartMiter...the old one would hit the bar and stop everything. Watched the Rangers win Sun pm. missed the Saturday game. Enjoyed what looks to be Modano's last 2 games. The home game here was something! Couldn't have been written for a better way to go out. Still not sure his goal was legal, but how could they say no???
    All in all a good weekend! Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 04-12-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Mowed and trimmed the lawn for the first time this year.

Sunday...I wasn't feeling too well so I chilled...got some laundry done......got some house cleaning done.

Have to get the place cleaned up as the Boss returns Saturday after being gone for 5 weeks.

If you have an hour I'll tell you how much I hate cooking for myself and how much I hate my own cooking.

I find it hard to cook for one and not end up eating leftovers for days on end.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Built a crosscut sled for my TS in the shop. Around the house I started installing some brick edging and some other yard work. Also ran over my new-last-year shovel when it bounced out of the tractor bucket. Got my weathervane installed finally.

Like Ken, I cut the grass for the first time of the year. Also removed some old stumps I had been procrastinating on for the past few summers. Took the boat out Saturday just to run some old gas out and get it ready for the year of fishing and skiing. And put a coat of Teak oil and Helsman poly on this old 6 month rebuild of a dresser.

Played baseball sunday. Went 3-4 with 3 RBI's and lost still. 0-3 now, should change our name to the Bad News Bears.

All in all a good weekend as long as I had my Zyrtec nearby.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

I am attempting to organize my space in my small shop much better... Made and installed some pegboards, now I just need more hooks and what not. Started working on modifying the new HF dust collector... if you could see the floor you would see why

Now to build the plane till, outfeed table, Cabinet for powertools, All the custom organizers for the pegboard, Router extension for the TS... ugh... I better get busy! Not to mention all the furniture I need to build for the rest of the house! First things first though

Blog Entries
    I am waiting for some veneer to arrive to finish the Master bath cabinets. I cleaned the shop. Then I revived some chisels that have been given to me. Still lousy steel, but really sharp. Thought a bit about where to put the Drum sander I ordered.

Hung some paintings that I have been procrastinating finishing. Slow weekend.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

worked a bit on a china cabinet. watched - on and off - the Masters. worked @ watering ghse plants and killed aphids.

oh yea, annoyed my kids and celebrated the big 5Oh.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

i built a ceremonial altar for my youngest son's college fraternity. triangles are a PITA!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This weekend I delivered my most recent tack trunk commission, mowed the lawn (mostly...except for the swamp left over from all that rain), trimmed a bunch of shrubbery, had my dressage (riding) lesson on Saturday and taught a riding lesson to an amazing 5 year old girl who is someday going to set the equestrian world on fire on Sunday morning. And yes, I was tired after all that...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Spent all day Saturday manning a marketing booth for the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in Washington, D.C.. Sunday after church, took my son to lunch while the LOML went to work at the cafe. Afterwards, son and I put a coat of Cabot's Australian Timber Oil on a western red cedar Adirondack chair that arrived from Eureka. Was quality time spent with my son that was the most rewarding.
    The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.