Thread: Harbor Freight DC availability

Harbor Freight DC availability

I'm in fairly rural GA about 50 miles from a HF store in Macon GA. I have a $139 coupon for the 2HP DC and drove down to HF store last weekend to pick one up. They were out and suggested I check with them on Wed. I called yesterday and still out. She said check back next Wed. Next closest store is in Kennesaw GA which is about 90 miles including going through Atlanta. Really don't want to make that journey so I've not called that store.

Are they typically this difficult to find? Coupon says it is for in-store use only. I can order online for $179. Is there a promotional code that can get the $139 price from online sale? I might order from online but then worry about it being back-ordered.

I just picked mine up from the local store here in Lakeland FL last weekend, they didn't have any out so I had her look up their inventory on their computer, and they had 5 of them.

I got a rain check for mine. When she issued the rain check she put order in to get it delivered from wharehouse. Called me the next week to let me know it was in.

I got the $139 price on my rain check and used the 20 percent off coupon when I picked it up.

Thanks for replies! After calling nearest store a few times with no luck I ended up ordering one online. Found a $10 gift card promotion for online order and figuring in all costs probably paid about $15 more for online order. I'm sure I saved much more in unspent "impulse buys" by ordering than going to store to purchase

As I feared, status shows it is back-ordered Beginning to think the DC gods are against me

I think it all depends on the manager / purchasing agent for the specific HF store. Get a rain check for the DC AT the coupon price... Nice thing about that is, you can then use a 20% off coupon with your rain check price...

Took about 6 months for my local HF to get the DCs back in stock when I got mine.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Lifsey View Post
    I'm in fairly rural GA about 50 miles from a HF store in Macon GA. I have a $139 coupon for the 2HP DC and drove down to HF store last weekend to pick one up. They were out and suggested I check with them on Wed. I called yesterday and still out. She said check back next Wed. Next closest store is in Kennesaw GA which is about 90 miles including going through Atlanta. Really don't want to make that journey so I've not called that store.

Are they typically this difficult to find? Coupon says it is for in-store use only. I can order online for $179. Is there a promotional code that can get the $139 price from online sale? I might order from online but then worry about it being back-ordered.
    I got mine at the Kennesaw store, so I know they carry them. I agree though, a 180 mile round trip is a PITA, and would cost somewhere int he region of 9 gallons of gas, so about $25. FWIW, the Kennesaw store is right off I-575, which would be a straightforward drive from Macon (though not necessarily from rural areas).

I guess I feel fortunate my local store had one, (well 5) that is not my usual luck. When it comes to this type of thing, I am always the one who ends up having to wait forever. I hope it comes soon!!! Are you going to modify yours? I am currently working on mine to get my whole (very small) shop set up with it, modified with a Thien Baffle and 6" PVC ducting, etc.

At minimum I plan to do a Thien separator before the DC. I'm also thinking of exhausting it to outside. No neighbors close enough that it would impact.

That's what I am planning on doing too, I am building a Thien separator that sits on top of the trash can though, so I can fill the whole thing up, and make it easier to change (only takes about an inch of travel to separate the can from the separator) I also am going to vent outside, my neighbors are pretty forgiving, but for their sake I am probably going to build a big baffle outside, that won't restrict airflow but should help cut down on noise substantially. Once I get it completed I am planning on posting pics of how I did it. The trashcan topper version, isn't my design, but I have tweaked it a bit for my usage

how do you get the $139.99 coupon yhe store around me say it is on sale for $179.99

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    how do you get the $139.99 coupon yhe store around me say it is on sale for $179.99
    It is on some of the coupon "pages" you find in various magazines. I've read it was in a recent issue of Wood magazine. I got mine from coworker that subscribes to some non-woodworking outdoor magazine (hunting, fishing, etc)...not exactly sure which magazine it was.

may issue of WOOD mag. has it in there . i got DC about 3 week ago and very worth the money..

March issue of WOOD magazine had it too.