Thread: Delta 35-7646 Ramble/Gripe/Confussion

Question Delta 35-7646 Ramble/Gripe/Confussion

As I posted in Deals & Discounts I ordered two of these blades. Well, today I received my supposed order but the shipping box contained two Delta 35-7670 stacked dados (and a brown dog stuffed in with the packing slip).

I already have an Oshlun 8" set.
    How does this set compare?

Redheads are like other women – only more so

You got a heck of a deal...those dado sets run in the $100+ range. I had a DW7670 set that replaced my Freud SD208 set...I thought the 7670 cut cleaner, has better shim stock, and a nicer carrying case. I later replaced the DW with a Systimatic 42T set that your Oshlun is a copy of...I thought the Systimatic set was a little better but not by a large margin. Never tried the Oshlun set...give the 7670 set a try and see.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    You got a heck of a deal...those dado sets run in the $100+ range. I had a DW7670 set that replaced my Freud SD208 set...I thought the 7670 cut cleaner, has better shim stock, and a nicer carrying case. I later replaced the DW with a Systimatic 42T set that your Oshlun is a copy of...I thought the Systimatic set was a little better but not by a large margin. Never tried the Oshlun set...give the 7670 set a try and see.
    I appreciate your encouraging words Scott. I'll keep these two and order another 7646 elsewhere. Thanks.

Redheads are like other women – only more so

Me too...

I placed and order for one of the 60T blades and also received the Delta stacked dado instead. I called Tool King and talked to Shelley, who resolved the issue promptly and shipped the appropriate replacement blade. She also provided a UPS shipper label so that I can return the dado at no expense.

All companies make mistakes, but I appreciate it when they are accessible and take corrective action promptly.