Thread: Need free Blue Book Value online

Need free Blue Book Value online

Hello,
    Have any of you found an online site where you can obtain free used car blue book values?
    Thanks,
    Louis

Kelly blue book online is a free site.

Edmund's True Market Value is a better and more accurate indicator of vehicle value. You'd be better off ignoring what blue book says.

I use both.

kbb.com
    is Kelly Blue Book

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/cto/CTOintroController
    is Edmunds True Cost to Own

Brian
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I agree completely with Montgomery. I think the Blue Book is written with two things in mind: help the dealer and screw the customer. Therefore, it's best ignored.

Edmunds.com is pretty accurate. It even asks for your zip code to account for local markets.

It's also a good idea to browse Craigslist to get an idea what similar vehicles are actually selling for. Sure, there will be always be some outrageously priced vehicles. But those typically won't be selling.

I just bought a beater yesterday, and have been using KBB, Edmunds and NADAguides for weeks. I found that on the older ones (97-01) the dealers are at double the value, private sellers are right at retail value but willing to take a little less. KBB does have a big variance from trade-in value to retail, but I'd suggest checking all 3, and then autotrader. BTW I bought mine from a Craigslist ad, the seller works just a few blocks from where I do and the whole thing went very smoothly.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

If you Google "blue book" you will find many!!!!!

Most dealers go by the Kelly BB for used cars.

Don't forget about NADA most dealers use that as the source to price car for sale and use KBB for trade in prices. The 2 prices can vari greatly. Don't ever pay more than KBB private party value from a dealer. If they want to sell it bad enough they will go down that low. Dont let them give you the line of crap that this is what KBB or Nada says the car should go for. Another great site is findcars.com or carsoup.com. Do some research and find out what comparable cars are selling for. The KBB and NADA values are just guides.