Thread: No more Delta lathes?

No more Delta lathes?

While at my local tool store today, they informed me they could no longer order Delta lathes, with the exception of the mini lathes. They also show unavailable on Amazon.

Did Delta stop making them??

Rick Potter

A check of Delta's site reveals that they only have three mini lathes in their line up.

They are probably looking for a factory in North Korea to make them cheaper than the Chinese will..

I wonder if there's a Porter Cable lathe on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I wonder if there's a Porter Cable lathe on the way

I wouldn't be surprised about. I heard that PC will now be the low end consumer line and Delta will be the Industrial line. It still doesn't explain why Delta came out with the new midi lathe(which I hear is the bomb).

Actually,North Korea makes some much better things than China. They make very nice machine tools,for example. I'd love a Whacheon (sp?) lathe.

George.. lol.

I read an article some time ago where Chinese factory workers are threatened that the plant will be moved to North Korea unless production increases..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Did Delta stop making them??
    If they haven't, they prolly should. They haven't been able to produce a decent, full-sized machine in decades.

I am probably just being an opptimist but the same thing happened with their Midi lathe before they came out with the new one. Maybe they are building on the success and design of the new Midi lathe in a full size lathe.

Might be right about that delta going industrial and porter-cable being more the consumer end of things. I was in lowes today and noticed they no longer had the delta tablesaw and drill press they normally carry. Instead, they had a porter-cable tablesaw and porter cable drill press. Never seen either of them before.