Thread: Cribbage Board

Cribbage Board

OK, I've been working on this off and on for a while, and it's finally close enough.

Here's a link to the Corel file (v 12), I made the whole thing, design and everything, so there's no copywrite probs with me offering it. I just thought I'd share in case anyone was interested.

I have it set up in 2 layers, the one with the holes in it (to make the template) and the one with the raster lines (although you might change the straight lines back to vector and run it at low power, if you like that look, I plan on doing that). I think making your laser drill holes in wood would be a waste, and it'd take forver to get the right depth. I made the template with holes large enough to use a Self Centering Drillbit (I got mine from Rockler.com, Part Num, 69007, I think I need to chamfer the holes to make the bit fit better). You can change the size of the holes to match whatever method you use. I included a VBA Macro that will change all of the circles that you have selected, ask me if you need help with it (you basically select the holes, run the macro, enter the dia, and yer done).

Still a lot of work involved. Probably isn't going to be a money maker after you account for your time, but will make a great gift. Can also make it out of acrylic layers or some corian. I used oak ply for my sample because it was sitting next to my machine, turned out poorly. I have some rough maple that I'll clean up and try later.

Notice I left room for a pic, or some other sort of personalization.

You can use the template with a pattern following router bit to trim the board to the proper size. I didn't round off the corners on this template, but they are in the cdr.

Thanks for looking
    Shaddy

Nice.. feel free to upload the .CDR as part of your message-- I believe I've added it to the allowed file attachments.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Thanks Shaddy, need ver. 11 tho?

Hi Shaddy, thanks for the file, I have a buddy who wants me to make him a cribbage board so I'd like to try it. However I have Corel 11, could someone save and post it as 11? thanks Lynn

Ok

Saved it as Version 10.

And Aaron, I wasn't sure of your posting policy, I knew pics were OK.

This time I posted it Thanks

Shaddy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cribbage board

Shaddy,
    You DA BOMB!!!! Thanks for sharing this. It's awesome and I cannot wait to make one. ( or several).
    Do you have a benchtop drill press? If you don't you can get one at Sears ( if they stay in business) for about $100.00. It will shorten you drilling time.

Thanks again
    Chuck Burke
    Pacific LaZer Works