Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Selecting A Router For My Table

oh ok... just be careful. until I had a sled, piece would literally be pulled from my finger and flung across the shop! I was just using the miter in the beginning. Then I made a sled.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyy Johnson View Post
    On the 5625-20 if you take the motor out and change a bit, once the motor is back in will that bit be at the same height? I have some matched bits for rail and stile.
    Possible depending on your acceptable tolerances but, not likely. I have read some folks threads about going through all kinds of hi-jinx to be able to swap bits of a set and have things match up. IMHO, once the first profile is cut, you have a built-in height gauge for the matching bit. Adjusting to match is not a magic art ;-) No worries.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Dennis...could you please go into a little detail on the sled construction...maybe a pic??

I have built several doors but never had the shaper throw one of the pcs out when cutting the end. I use a 1 hp feeder when running the long pcs. I'm glade I never get that relaxed feeling when running the machines. Maybe if I stay afraid of them I will be safe enough to not get hurt.

Thanks
    Johnny

Yup - Zactly! LOL

THere's a thread here somewhere - do a search for "rail coping sled" or something...

Here it is: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=40640

Glenn started it showing his sled off. Mine is just like his with a couple minor adaptations.

A good read! And a good tool. If I were to improve mine, I would use a base that didn't flex... I noticed when I put those clamps down real hard that the whole thing flexed a little... so I had to losen them, therefore making it less tight... and possibly less safe... But I have been very successful without any issues.

the sandpaper is a must, BTW!
    Last edited by Dennis Lopeman; 04-20-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: adding more info