Thread: Lumber in Middle Tennessee

Lumber in Middle Tennessee

Where is the place to buy kiln dried, rough cut lumber in Middle Tennessee or anywhere reasonably close?

Bobby O'Neal

Lumber in Middle Tennessee

I'm not sure where you are in middle TN but there is place in Decatur, AL that sells different kinds of Kiln dried lumber as well as various hardwood plywood, including mahogany. But it sells to lumber yards only, although I talked them into selling direct to me once. They suggested and I have bought from them through Pulaski Lumber in, of course, Pulaski. As I recall, the mark up isn't bad.

You might also try Middle TN Lumber in Dickson. They're just south of I-40 on Hwy 46. Prices can be a little high though. If you're in Nashville, try Nashville Plywood for your sheet goods, and there's also a Woodcraft store in Franklin (most of their hardwood comes from Middle TN Lumber I believe). You should also check Clist, as there are some listings there, although I think most are air-dried.
    Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby O'Neal View Post
    Where is the place to buy kiln dried, rough cut lumber in Middle Tennessee or anywhere reasonably close?

Bobby O'Neal

Depending on how far west you want to come you can try
    http://www.azbillsawmill.com/
    They are at exit 101 on 40. They have more lumber than you could ever use. CALL AHEAD. In winter they have to meet you at the mill. In spring and summer they are usually there. Rough cut 4/4 red oak was $1.85 a foot last I was there.

There are two places in Huntland, TN. One has walnut, curly and hard rock maple and other woods. The first place is in a quonset looking building in Huntland on the right coming in from the Winchester Highway just past the gas station and bank. The second place, turn right by the gsa station and go about 3/4 mile look for BIG building on left. They sell in quantities of a min of 500 bd ft. They have about anything you can want including some exotics. They typically dress two sides and straighten one edge. I am sorry that I can not rember the name of either place. I have CRS (can't rember stuff). I was there week before last.

Thanks guys. I'm just south of Nashville so I'm fairly centrally located. I've heard of guys doing well by going down to see Mennonite sawyers but I dont know what kind of selection they'll have.

Bobby O'Neal