Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progress on a neander project

Pam please read...

I didn't name names, and was only stating an opinion with my entire post. My intention wasn't to call him out as being a poor craftsman or I would have mentioned him by name. I was trying to be as professional as possible and was simply trying to stress the fact that there is nothing as sweet as the sound of a perfectly fit drawer. Perhaps my opening statement wasn't needed, but it did support the rest of my topic and without mentioning anyone by name. Also please note that I only sumerized the statement from another forum and didn't quote him. Please don't make me out to be the bad guy here.
    "When we build, let us think that we build forever." - Ruskin

2. Alan,
    Great to see how it is coming along - really nice work!

Alan,

You continue to out do yourself..... Great project! Nice description of drawers. Fine, fine crafstmanship... A beautiful piece in the making... This is one for all to see and admire!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Thanks for all of the nice remarks, guys. This piece is providing me much pleasure. It is not a commission, but will live in our home.

Dan, that was a typo, of course. If I made drawers like I type, they either wouldn't close, or would just fall out from being so loose.

Erin,
    The drawers are pretty standard blockfront fare, as I see it from observation, although this is my first blockfront. The drawer fronts critical dimensions, the sides on the outies, and the center on the innies, are established on the TS. Then a bit of planing, and carving the curve. Carving is what this project is all about to me in terms of learning.
    Note the front bracket fee, which are also carved. I could not have done a blockfront without learning to carve becuase of the base. There are probably electric solutions to the drawerfronts, but not for the feet.
    Alan