Thread: 3M Air Respirator

3M Air Respirator

I have a 3M M7502 respirator and need to change out the filter pads. I bought a box of filter pads when I purchased the respirator, but can't figure out how to pull the grill off the respirator so I can replace the pad. If anyone has this model, I sure would appreciate some help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don L Johnson View Post
    I have a 3M M7502 respirator and need to change out the filter pads. I bought a box of filter pads when I purchased the respirator, but can't figure out how to pull the grill off the respirator so I can replace the pad. If anyone has this model, I sure would appreciate some help. Thanks
    The prefilters are held on with a separate plastic retainer which snaps over the carbon cartridge. The grille you're talking about is part of the carbon filter, which is not meant to come off.

http://www.coopersafety.com/product/...pack-1596.aspx
    Last edited by Mike Christle; 05-01-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Mike,

I've not been using my respirator correctly; I didn't realize the filter pad was placed on top of the other filter. In regards to the retainers, are they reuseable, or should I buy several for future use? Thanks for the help.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don L Johnson View Post
    Mike,

I've not been using my respirator correctly; I didn't realize the filter pad was placed on top of the other filter. In regards to the retainers, are they reuseable, or should I buy several for future use? Thanks for the help.

Don
    Yes, they're reusable, but not very durable. If you accidently drop your mask, they'll probably crack. I generally keep an extra set around, just in case. Glad to help.