Thread: Looking for Ideas

Looking for Ideas

Do you have any pictures of your grinding/sharpening center? I need to consolidate these items into one convenient location. I have an 8" grinder and a Worksharp 3000, a few water stones and a granite slab. I would like to store these items together and be able to move it where needed. I still want to see your built in centers as well as I'm sure you have great Ideas too. Thanks

The New Yankee Workshop built one a few years ago. You can see it on their website if it's still up.

As a result of too much "stuff", and not enough space I store the grinders on a bench top, and move them as needed to one of those Craftsman fold down work stations. Everything that can be is now mobile, and for the sake of walking space, I don't want to add anymore dedicated stands. I know this isn't what you were looking for. I have seen some pretty nice plans for sharpening systems.

I just have a 2'x4' bench made of 2x4's with a non-tempered harboard top that I use for grinding, sharpening, etc. The non-tempered hardboard tends to soak up oil or water rather than letting it run all over and is easily replaceable. I have a small vise on there too.