Thread: Co2 Cars

Blog Entries

Co2 Cars

D-Day is coming this Friday. My 7th grader (Josh) is doing Co2 cars for a final school project with his class. I told him that I did those in 7th grade too. So, he ends up asking the teacher if I can make one so he can race against me. So the duel of the ages will be upon us soon. Here is Josh working on his car made from Bass wood. I made mine from Paduak, Maple and Walnut lamination. (I was trying to go for a ‘cool’ factor).

So the little booger doesn’t paint, he finds these really cool full page decal of the USA flag. I lost the cool factor!

His car weighs 3.7 ounces, mine weighs 3.8 ounces. I thought about trimming more off the back, but decided it would be more fun to race them this close in weight. (Secretly, I hope he wins.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have a Nice Day!

Nice Jon! I have to say he did beat you with the cool factor. Love the open middle. My sister actually did one when she was in 9th grade and it was unbeaten. I brought it to middle school when we built ours and it whooped everybody, even my shop teacher. He went and made one of this super light wood!!!(bass wood) and put slicks on it and hollowed the middle out so it would fly! He lost...

The cow painted black and white car remains 21-0...
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Those are really cool; neat design elements.

Side note: Sorry, I feel the need to bring this up, but you are way to young to lose an eye. Wear Safety glasses!

Looks very similar to the Pinewood Derby cars we did in Cub Scouts. Where does the Co2 come into play?
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Have a Nice Day!