Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Magnetic featherboards

Magswitch.

I took an old featherboard (for the mitre slot) and put two holes in it that fit my mag switches. I now have 2 featherboards that I can change the magswitches back and forth in. Works well for me.

Hi, do any owners of sliding table saws have them / find these useful.

Bijesh

I use the Mag switches and love em. I have serveral versions with the high rise kit and have bought the magnets only and made my own when i need the longer reach. As to their hold ability, I accidentilly got some pinky skin under one and turned it on by mistake. It raised a blood blister pinching my skin. So yea they hold! Dang that hurt.

I've got a pair of wooden ones that I bought at the ww show in somerset, nj many years ago now. I think it was the inventor that was demo-ing them: he was rather impressive. I think it was his wife who was handling the sales. They look like the ones on the grip-tite site, except for having the body of wood.

I can say this about them: they STICK like you wouldn't believe. I have to use the lifter-gizmo on the back to shift or remove them. "Fine adjustments" are made with a hammer. They have the two plastic wings for the "feather-board" action, and another L-shaped bit of plastic that goes thru the handle to do the "hold-down" action. I also got the rollers which urge the stock being cut up to the fence: since my fence is Al, I mounted one on a jig I made for my fence to hold things down: the rollers work like a charm.

If these are what you are calling "Grip-tites", then I can't recommend them too highly. The only drawback is that once they are stuck down they are a extremely difficult to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijesh Jacob View Post
    Hi, do any owners of sliding table saws have them / find these useful.

Bijesh
    See this......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqzVglze9Nk

It is in German but you will get the idea.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I have griptite. Use them as stopping block when I use my combi machine service as a bench to carry out the domino works

I have 2 of the grip-tites, I'm sure they can be improved upon but I haven't encountered a project yet that they didn't work for

I have both Magswitch and Griptite. I use them both often, depending on which fits/works best in a given operation.
    Fred