Thread: I just threw away $30!

I just threw away $30!

AAGGHHH! For everyone that just bought the Delta 22-580 planer, there is a $30 rebate!

Short story long... Today was garbage day, so as I picked up junk to toss from the garage, I stuffed the Delta box into the garbage can. Later today, I'm looking at a Delta ad in FWW and saw the planer and rebate. Went on-line, and sure enough. But I tossed the box with the UPC code needed for the rebate! AAGGHH!

I feel your pain...
    Been there , done that...
    Jim

A few years ago, I bought a display Dewalt 733 planer from Sears. It didn't come with the box and there was also a rebate. I called the phone number on the rebate form and explained my situation. In my case, they told me to photocopy the front of the owners manual and include my name, address, phone number and serial number of the planer. I sent this in as my proof of purchase and received my rebate. So, call the number (if there is one) on the rebate form. It couldn't hurt.

Brian

Scott, I kinda did the same thing with my PC biscuit joiner!!!!!!! Oh, well....
    But NOW I'm torqued that I don't have the receipt for the 22-580 anymore - doub't a UPC and a coupon will get me a refund, but it's worth a try!

Maurice

I would call Delta/PC and see what they can do. They've been most helpful with rebates on a few different occassions. In fact, 1 time I did the same thing. I sent in a digital pic of the serial number plate from the sander and they paid the rebate. The second time they also paid the rebate when I sent it in about 2-3 weeks after the deadline. Point being - they've surprised me a number of times. Worth a stamp, at least.

Thanks Aaron, I'll give it a shot.

Maurice

Talking

Next time you feel like throwing money away contact me I'll send you my address.
    Jim Stastny ~ Damascus, Maryland
    A poor workman blames his tools

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Parks
    AAGGHHH! For everyone that just bought the Delta 22-580 planer, there is a $30 rebate!

Short story long... Today was garbage day, so I tossed the box with the UPC code needed for the rebate! AAGGHH!

Scott, I suggest the following be posted in your shop:

AFTER UNPACKAGING TOOLS CHECKLIST:

1. Store all packaging, wrapping and paperwork until all Forums, Magazines
    and Catalogues have been checked for Possible REBATES.

2. REMOVE all UPC codes and lables from packaging and store in clear plastic
    ziplock bag and store with owners/parts manual.

3. Post question on Forum about REBATES, one more time.

4. If above procedure fails, Bid pattern next month that pays extra $$'s equal
    to the amount of Lost REBATE

5. When back at work, place Oxy mask on 100* and breath deeply for 2 min
    and Promise Self to READ the Checklist next time.

PS: We did the same thing last year on a $27 Rebate on a Computer board.

Cheers..........Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norman B. Hitt
    Scott, I suggest the following be posted in your shop:

AFTER UNPACKAGING TOOLS CHECKLIST:

1. Store all packaging, wrapping and paperwork until all Forums, Magazines
    and Catalogues have been checked for Possible REBATES.

2. REMOVE all UPC codes and lables from packaging and store in clear plastic
    ziplock bag and store with owners/parts manual.

3. Post question on Forum about REBATES, one more time.

4. If above procedure fails, Bid pattern next month that pays extra $$'s equal
    to the amount of Lost REBATE

5. When back at work, place Oxy mask on 100* and breath deeply for 2 min
    and Promise Self to READ the Checklist next time.

PS: We did the same thing last year on a $27 Rebate on a Computer board.

Cheers..........Norm
    Ya, ya, ya... LOML thinks I'm a packrat. I thought she'd be proud that I finally tossed something I was saving. I used the box the night before to cover the tile floor in the bathroom for spraying the texture on the walls.... Almost kept it for the next time I'd need cardboard.

Thanks, I think I'll follow your advice... Save UPC codes just in case. Oh, the O2 masks are usually too dusty, i'd only put that on in an emergency. And, I bid dead-last, reserve, so hard to get extra $$

I try to always keep the reciepts and upc labels for anything I buy. (Stereos, cameras, tools, etc.) Having been victimized by burglars many times in the past I learned that having complete records makes insurance claims much easier to deal with. Thieves never bother to steal the paperwork.

I feel your pain! Being slow cost me $100 on my Jet 17 in. BS. WMT has a sale twice a year with big rebates. I ordered my PM 3520A and Jet BS from Joe Olsolnik during last year's "extension" of the sale (May). He didn't send the certificate at first. After I got the certificate, I realized I needed a sales receipt (rather than just the shipping receipt). When I finally got all of the paperwork, I delayed sending it in for a week and missed the end of the sale period by two days. "Sorry. This is too late."

The bummer is that I don't need the equipment until my shop is finished. I only bought it then due to the rebate. If I had known they would be having another sale (now) I would have waited.

How old do you have to be before you get "wise?"

Bob
    Spinning is good on a lathe, not good in a Miata.

The good news is you've still got a nice new planer! Good luck with the rebate....