Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Build - PRS Custom 22

I switched the camera out of preset and did some manual adjustments to the flash and iris. These look more like the real deal.

"Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Been lurking on all of your builds. I have to say this is one of my favorites. It looks like it is made out of a green crushed velvet. Just amazing.

I don't play but have always wanted to learn. Your builds may push me over the edge. Great job!

Just a quick update. I have all the clear coats sprayed. I've been very happy with the way the EmTech water based lavquer lays down...just beautifil. It sprays like nitro, flows out smoothly, and cures very quickly. Of course, I've added a bit of help in the curing dept.

I hang the guitars in my studio closet and I've placed a small space heater ( no extention cords involved...keeping it safe) in there with them...it keeps the room at about 100 degrees F. That coupled with the dry air indoors from the A/C really help the spraying schedule.

I spray 2 double coats, place them in the hot room for an hour, spray 2 more and so on. It's been great. And when they come out of the room for another few coats, they're quite warm and the coats flash very quickly...allowing the double coat process to go very quick without fear of sags or runs.

This will also allow me to speed up the cure time...normally fully cured in 100 hours. I used this hot room on my $210 Challenge entry and buffed it out the next day...only 20 hours after the final coats were sprayed.

Now I just need to wait a few days for "baking" and they will all be ready for buffing.
    "Thought that is no longer limited brings experience that is no longer limited" Marianne Williamson.

Finished Another One

As I'm trying to finish up projects I started last year, this is the second one I've wrapped up.

Some final shots. I'm very pleased with the outcome. It plays like a dream and sounds pretty good...I need to upgrade the PUs at some point.

Peace,
    Mark

Following the adage used in guitar forums that "if we can't hear it, it didn't happen", I put some sound samples together. I made clips of all PUs but put them on a web page instead of listing them all here.

I'm not sure what brand these PUs are. Two wire, no frills zebras. I bought them off eBay for $20. I'll be upgrading soon. Played thru a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue clean channel with a little help from a Pod X3Live. SM57 tight to the grill, slightly off axis.

Sound Clips

Peace,
    Mark

I really like that unique green color on this one, Mark. Sounds great, too!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Mark. Only 9 years later....

This build is fantastic. Thank you for all the lessons learned.