Thread: Baby's on the way!

Baby's on the way!

Hello all. I am fairly new to this forum. Do any of you out there have any experience turning children's toys, rattles, etc. I am expecting my 1st child (a son) in February, and would certainly like to make some things for him. I've been woodworking for several years, but just recently got into turning. Any thoughts or ideas out there. Pics would help. Thanks.
    Last edited by Keel McDonald; 11-23-2004 at 7:54 AM.
    Keel McDonald ><>

Hey Keel. I have some interest in this topic because I had a new daughter born two days ago! Mom and baby are healthy and hopefully will go home from the hospital today.

Back when I was a kid, my Mom used to do a lot of craft shows and one of the most popular items she sold were turned wood rattles. If I get some time off over the next few weeks, I was thinking of turning a few for my new baby. I'm most interested in finishes- what is OK for a baby to put in her mouth?

Ernie Hobbs
    Madison, AL
    Last edited by Ernie Hobbs; 07-06-2006 at 11:58 AM.

Congratulations!!!

To both you, actually, and to the Moms too!

Regards,
    Ted

Rattles

I have a plane at home (I am at work) that is really neat for making baby rattle. It is not the captive ring type but a hollwed out type... very cool.
    When I get home will email it!
    Chris
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop

Congratulations to you and your wives! Dick Parr on this forum has rattles pictured that he turned in one of his posts. Enjoy the kids and take care of mama...
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Hey Chris can I get that plan too?

Congats guys. Kids are great. Time off????? What is that. Parents don't get time off.

What is with the baby boom here??? There were a bunch of munchkins born at the end of August when my latest arrived.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery