Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm building a shop

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    It's looking good Kevin.

I may have started my shop 5 years before you, but you may end up having a finished shop before me. I am still building cabinets.
    Thanks Ken, once we got started we really had to get it done. My dad was leaving the country for a while so it had to go up quick.

Trusses

The next day the trusses arrived and I had some friends come over and help. The day was miserable hot and without my friends I probably would have either not gotten it done, or I would have just plain died from the heat.

We got one end braced up with sheathing and an "I-beam" to make sure the first truss was really secure and straight and plumb. Then we carried the next truss in upside down and flipped it up and nailed it in place and braced it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good, and cute little helpers.

Good to have friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rector View Post
    The next step is to get the concrete done. This for me is not a DIY project. I've got a buddy that does concrete for a living and he's taking care of it for me. His son-in-law who I'm also friendly with sells concrete for a living and he's hooking me up too. It's good to have friends. This was done yesterday...
    Indeed it is good to have friends! And no frost to worry about either.

It is taking shape.

Looks like you are making good progress. I started reroofing my 22 x 22 shop a few weeks back. I have one side done; of course I had to tear off two layers of three tab shingles. May dry, clear days be in both of our futures.