Thread: Now this is a band saw

Now this is a band saw

I just ran into this doing a search for something else. WOW. WOW. WOW. I am still having trouble wrapping my head around this one. Table stays flat, whole band saw moves in an arc around the work. Nice. Now I have to start saving or a new band saw again!

If part of you doesn't want this saw, you are not a tool junkie. If prt of you wants two, one right and one left tilt, get immediate help.

http://www.factorynew.com/detail.aspx?Recnum=SB-300743

Not affiliated with these people, just saw this thing and thought WOW.
    Last edited by Peter Quinn; 05-06-2010 at 9:19 PM. Reason: so excited forgot to post link

Will someone please email this to Shiraz so he can take that silly "ULTIMATE BS" monicker off of his machines. Clearly this is more ultimate than most?

I suspect the market for those is sooooooooooooo small that Shiraz might admire the saw but won't even consider bringing a competing model to market.

Just a wild guess.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wow... wouldn't you love to see a video of that thing being used?

Glad to see the tilt mechanism is motorized - I imagine that would be hard to move by hand...

Cool...but. There isn't really much of me that wants one, even with the free space it isn't much of a WWing BS, the max blade width is rather puny for a SERIOUS resaw machine. There are several Agazzanis and Lagunas I would take over it even if it was free. Now if I had a metal shop...

Friend of mine might have a couple bigger than that. Came out of an old shipyard. Pretty hard to keep a big timber up on an angled table.

Yep, boatbuilders saw.

Blog Entries
    They have one at Mystic Seaport.