Thread: Lenox KERFmaster?

Lenox KERFmaster?

Spectrum Supply seems to be the only once for the "Lenox KERFMaster." The www.lenoxsaw.com page seems to say nothing about a blade stock called KERFMaster. The specs of the KERFMaster stocks seem to be identical to the stocks the WoodSlicer/Blade Runner are available in.

Has anyone confirmed these blades are made from Lenox stock? Any other suppliers than Spectrum? Has anyone compared them to a WoodSlicer or Blade Runner?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Spectrum Supply seems to be the only once for the "Lenox KERFMaster." The www.lenoxsaw.com page seems to say nothing about a blade stock called KERFMaster. The specs of the KERFMaster stocks seem to be identical to the stocks the WoodSlicer/Blade Runner are available in.

Has anyone confirmed these blades are made from Lenox stock? Any other suppliers than Spectrum? Has anyone compared them to a WoodSlicer or Blade Runner?

I have not confirmed that they are from Lenox stock, I took it on faith as they are listed as such but in sorta a convaluted way. The blades appear in person to be identical to the Highlands and Iturra blades you mention, they are just cheaper. I have not found any difference between the performance of the three. I don't know of any other supply house that sells them BUT if it is indeed Lenox stock I don't know what Lenox may call the actual stock. It is probably a meat industry blade and Lenox may indeed make it and just call it the Ribeye master or who knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    It is probably a meat industry blade and Lenox may indeed make it and just call it the Ribeye master or who knows what.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm the Ribeye Master.

I know that the WoodSlicer and Blade Runner are made from Atlanta Sharptech blade stock.

Maybe I'll call Spectrum, or drop them an E-mail.

You know what would be nice? If someone made a thin-kerf bimetal blade with a 3/4 VP tooth. Basically, a WoodSlicer/Blade Runner in bimetal.

I really like the 3/4 VP tooth for noise (they're quiet). And I like the thin kerf because I have a small saw. And I'd like bimetal because I've been cutting a lot of wood that is high in silica.