Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Winner Dan Hintz - New CNC Router July 4th

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    That should have been the rule. If it won't fit in your car, you can't have it
    Ha ha... I couldn't even get the laser's vector table box in the trunk of the 370Z, could I. Be glad I didn't bring the S2000 that day, or I may not have been able to even get the vector table itself in there!

It's like buying tools, though... if the rule is I need to have a car big enough to bring it home, I'd spend $40k to purchase a truck big enough to bring home a $6k prize
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Ha ha... I couldn't even get the laser's vector table box in the trunk of the 370Z, could I. Be glad I didn't bring the S2000 that day, or I may not have been able to even get the vector table itself in there!

It's like buying tools, though... if the rule is I need to have a car big enough to bring it home, I'd spend $40k to purchase a truck big enough to bring home a $6k prize
    Sounds like a city person from New York living in Westchester.

I have known a few that will buy a 40K pickup, a 10K dump trailer to tow behind the 40K pickup, a 1200 dollar chainsaw, a 1900 dollar log splitter and swear up and down they are beating the oil company because they cut and split their own fire wood!

Go figure!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.