Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Winner Dan Hintz - New CNC Router July 4th

Nick with the servo system you do not need to have it on the cobra. It would also be a very cool thing to see put the high rpm servos on that gear ratio the z would have the same speed give or take as the x & y this is what we have on the stinger. This would put the z on a cobra at or arround 1500 ipm and although cool to see I would not do it. I can only think of a 4x8 sewing machine. But the servos will do the trick on the speed no prob. I will post a video of the x3 with the servo by Monday.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

video from columbia

bring it in plug it up and go!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3u85D1B5o

Blog Entries

Computer/router Table

I like the table for the Stinger and the computer just as much as I like The Stnger!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

a few more pics

here are some more pics of the Stinger
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Jim,

I like the design for that two level table for the stinger. Was that yours? Would you be willing to provide some dimensions or maybe a few more shots of just the table?

Richard

Richard
    the table that Jim built was great. I liked the desk being level with the routers top. The glass kept the keyboard clean. The only thing is if you may be needing the lathe option down the road the table needs to be alittle bigger so the lathes other leg can sit on the table.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

i will do a dxf of the table we had a lot of request for it, i will photo it better tommorrow

jim

Blog Entries
    Excellent!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    i will do a dxf of the table we had a lot of request for it, i will photo it better tommorrow

jim
    Jim,

I'd be happy to convert the dxf into a sketchup file for other woodworkers to use if you would like.

Richard

When it is done I would like to make it a PDF and have it so folks could down load the plan or the file of the stinger site.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jarrard View Post
    When it is done I would like to make it a PDF and have it so folks could down load the plan or the file of the stinger site.
    We can easily turn it into a detailed plan with cut list, joinery, etc. using Sketchup and make into a pdf for the website. Just depends on how generous Jim is with the details.....as he is the designer. I'm thinking mitered double inlayed dovetails for the sides..... just kidding.

What we really need to do is turn it into a series of files that could be cut on the stinger. Now that would be a cool way to get started with your machine - have it make you its own support table. Might be a little tough with the 25 x 36 cutting area, though, and clearly unnecessarily complicated.

Was the table design file posted?
    I need some lead time to build my table since it will be welded steel. Can't do much without some dimentions.

why nick bukky just could not wait could you!!

Heck no!

34 days and counting on the SMC/CAMaster giveaway. Get in while you can.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools