Thread: What type tools

What type tools

What kind of tools do you think this woodworker used? This water well constructed with solid timber was recently unearthed in Germany and is dated to about 5000 B.C. - is therefor over 7000 years old! Same methods still being used today. Part of my workbench uses the same construction method!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you got to where you were going where would it be?

Most likely a crude axe(stone blade/obsinate blade) and probably a chisel(same materials as before.) A club was also more than likely used, either of stone or wood. The trenching method was probably the use of either the extremities, or of a natural sink hole. Animals were also probably used.

Probably stone, but fairly advanced stone tools (as stone tools go) the bronze age didin't start in that area for another 1,000 years give or take a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Hoffmann View Post
    What kind of tools do you think this woodworker used? This water well constructed with solid timber was recently unearthed in Germany and is dated to about 5000 B.C. - is therefor over 7000 years old! Same methods still being used today. Part of my workbench uses the same construction method!
    My guess would be a three axis CNC router table with auto loading and unloading, self homing head, and chip conveyur. Probably an older model