Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a biscuit joiner

Ya ain't gettin' my DeWalt.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I have the DeWalt and like it. If I were buying again I would probably get the PC. I think it has some extra features including the FF biscuits.

+1 on the router table option. If you're making joints where it easy to take the work to the table it works well. I have a bit and slightly thicker biscuits from Woodhaven -- I think the bit and 100 biscuits was $40.

Thanks for all the opinions guys. Looks like I'm looking into the 557. I thought about the slot cutter on the router table but some of the pieces are too big to lug around the shop. I'd rather just leave em on the assembly table and do it all there.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shinall View Post
    Thanks for all the opinions guys. Looks like I'm looking into the 557. I thought about the slot cutter on the router table but some of the pieces are too big to lug around the shop. I'd rather just leave em on the assembly table and do it all there.
    I have a PC 557 Type 3 that I have hardly used since getting the Domino. PM me if you are interested.

Vijay

It seems pretty apparent that the Freud at Lowe's isn't anybody's choice.
    I had one, the JS100, from Lowe's, and the key word is HAD.
    I'll offer a +1 on all the other choices though. The P-C see3ms to be the best bang for the buck though IMO.
    Do like you always do,,,,,get what you always get!!

Makita knows how to make a biscuit jointer too.

I like the brand though. With the exception a small drill with 10 years and a million miles on it, it's about the only brand of tool I have never worn out a motor on. -Steve

I just went through the same exact process as you did. I ended up with the 557 #3 and thought I lucked out pretty good when I snagged this one on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
    Last edited by Jesse Wilson; 05-14-2010 at 12:19 PM.

557 type 3

Solid quality tool.

I too have the PC 557... and got is used $50... Love it! Go check CL

Yeah, PC 557 it is, got a few people offer their old ones up so I'm working on a deal. I was really hoping someone could offer some insight on the Bosch B1650. I'm a big Bosch fan and found one on ebay brand new that I would like to have but cannot find any reviews on it.

Can't buy anything this second anyways, going out of town and gotta put new tires on the truck, but for a good enough deal I would sacrafice that $125 and eat dollar menu for 2 weeks!
    Last edited by Joe Shinall; 05-14-2010 at 3:42 PM.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Griffin View Post
    Makita knows how to make a biscuit jointer too.
    Yep - I love mine too and had the DW prior to it. Fence is simple, substantial and easy to set, no chip clogging (like the DW did) and the motor seems very powerful. Takes me as long to get it out and put it away as it takes to do the job (and it does it well)

All these choices aren't going to do the OP much good I'm afraid, but it's good to know that so many people are happy with thier choices. Seems the concensious is that if you buy one of the major brands, you'll probably be happy with it.