Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly 1023RL Alternative?

You can always get a Sawstop...
    I ordered one from Hermance on Friday, and had it by Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Thats weird since I assume you are talking about tools-plus that my cart shows it at 1864.00 without shipping which is 6.50 and includes residential liftgate for WMH machines.
    Yes, $1864.00 I just checked and spoke to a rep, the rails system is on backorder until early July. Another dead end. I may just order it from Tool Zone, it's cheaper and the wait is the same. The Felder and SawStop, while great saws, are out of reach.

I stop in to the Grizz store every other week. The date isn't confirmed but they seem to think it should be here around the June date. I ordered the RLX with 50 inch fence so the rip size isn't a problem.

When I was looking at saws back in March, Jets were on backorder because of the rails. They promised end of May. Sounds like both are plagued by supply chain issues.... I bought a G0691 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mackay View Post
    When I was looking at saws back in March, Jets were on backorder because of the rails. They promised end of May. Sounds like both are plagued by supply chain issues.... I bought a G0691 instead.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the economy didn't cause some of this. When you slow down orders from a factory you don't own that factory tries to fill the production slots any way it can. Then when you try to ramp back up the factory may still be doing other things. This is only a guess but I have seen it in two other areas in the last year, in one of the cases one company just started stacking the warehouse another cut off supply, the former made a killing and drew a lot of new accounts when demand picked up the latter company is reeling. With WMH it seems to happen every time they have one of their across the board percentage sales, several of the "key" machines seem to become scarce for a while. With machines it can get really bad because no store wants to carry a lot of stock (if any), it eats room and capital so when the company supply runs out there isn't stock at the retail level to carry demand until the aupply chain catches back up.

Did you pull the trigger on the Jet?

Well I made the call last night. I'm canceling the Grizzly order and I've placed my order for a new Powermatic PM2000. Got what I think is a good deal. $2295 for the 3HP 30" machine, no tax and free residential lift gate delivery service. Also threw in a free low profile riving knife. 2-4 week delivery (can't get it quicker than that anywhere in the country). They say I'll have it buy July 1.
    This 3 month wait has given me a lot of time to think about my options, and after reading pages of posts here and around the internet it's pretty clear that the PM2000 is a great machine. I know it's almost twice the price as the Grizzly, but this is a lifetime investment, and as someone here said (I think it was Van Huskey) that difference spead over twenty years is negligable.

Wow...well the Jet as you know is on backorder and isnt much less than that. Care to share who you purchased it from?

Sure Rich, I got it from Tool Zone. I sent you a link to the page.

Just a follow up to any with a new 1023R series saw on order. The new "expected" arrival date has been pushed back from June 25 to mid-late August. I know this affects more than few here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Leigh View Post
    Just a follow up to any with a new 1023R series saw on order. The new "expected" arrival date has been pushed back from June 25 to mid-late August. I know this affects more than few here.

Crap! Well I am glad I picked up that Jet of of craigslist to have something to use in the meantime. A few more months of patience isn't too much to ask for a saw that will last me the next 20+years I guess.

Jesse