Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly 1023RL Alternative?

Grizzly 1023RL Alternative?

Got off the phone with the Grizzly rep today and she couldn't tell me if my saw (order placed Feb 26) would be included in the tentative June 25 shipment. The policy is to fill back orders first, which is understandable, but they have no idea where I fall in the queue.

Got me thinking of a few alternatives. came across this new model by Jet. The 708674PK. Same specs as the Grizzly, blade shroud for better dust collection, poly v-belt, and quick release riving knife. The Jet also has a storage drawer in the cabinet, a larger cast iron table, and a slightly larger rip capacity (30" compared to 26" for the Griz)

The saw is $1750 delivered WITH residential lift gate service included.

Anyone seen this model? Is the Jet worth the extra $$?
    Any insight is appreciated.
    Last edited by Joe Leigh; 05-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Leigh View Post
    Got off the phone with the Grizzly rep today and she couldn't tell me if my saw (order placed Feb 26) would be included in the tentative June 25 shipment. The policy is to fill back orders first, which is understandable, but they have no idea where I fall in the queue.

Got me thinking of a few alternatives. came across this new model by Jet. The 708674PK. Same specs as the Grizzly, blade shroud for better dust collection, poly v-belt, and quick release riving knife. The Jet also has a storage drawer in the cabinet, a larger cast iron table, and a slightly larger rip capacity (30" compared to 26" for the Griz)

The saw is $1999 delivered WITH residential lift gate service.

Anyone seen this model? Is the Jet worth the extra $$?
    Any insight is appreciated.
    Just for reference you can get the saw from Tools-plus for $1870.

I like the Jet, good saw, not sure it is worth the full difference in price though. Any reason why the Griz 690 isn't on your radar?

Is this the Jet your talking about?

http://www.tools-plus.com/jet-708674pk.html
    Last edited by Rich Johnson; 05-13-2010 at 9:29 PM.

I did consider the 690 before I decided on the 1023RL but I liked the idea of the poly v-belt and I thought the blade shroud was a major improvement for dust collection. The new Jet model has both of these features.
    Last edited by Joe Leigh; 05-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnson View Post
    Is this the Jet your talking about?

http://www.tools-plus.com/jet-708674pk.html
    That's the one

Yea but its only 30 inch right of blade. I like the 50 inch plus ones.

The new Grizzly 1023RL, which I'm comparing this to, is only 26" rip capacity. This is the newest model Jet Xacta saw.

I am still getting $1864 but if you get a cheaper price so much the better!

Since it is easy to spend your money Equipment sales and service has the 30" PM2000 w/ 5hp motor for less than $2300.

Just an FYI I asked the very same question and I was told that there were "plenty" coming in on the first shipment to cover all orders. In fact she kind of chuckled which gave me the distinct impression that there were many coming in. Now that it has been pushed back I would probably say there will be even more coming in all at once.

Just for reference my order was place the end of March and she said mine would definitely ship in the first shipment.

Just keep a hold of them horses....

The new Grizzly 1023RL, which I'm comparing this to, is only 26" rip capacity. This is the newest model Jet Xacta saw.
    It's pretty simple to slide the rails to the right by about 10", to get 36" capacity from the Grizzly. Since it's a left tilt saw, you're not likely to ever need left side capacity.

I'm sure the Jet is a nice saw, but the only significant benefit I see to merit a premium is a longer warranty and dealer support. What is GI and Rikon offering these days?
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Update

Just received a call from a supervisor at Grizzly. She heard of my concern about the delivery delays, Ms Bryant I think her name was, anyway, she called to tell me the projected June 25 date was NOT firm. Probably be a bit later but couldn't say how much later.
    So I called Tool Zone to see about the lead time on the Jet Xacta Deluxe previously mentioned and I'm told I'm looking at early July! None in the country.

So, looks like no relief in sight for a 3hp cabinet saw with riving knife and blade shroud.
    Except for the Powermatic PM2000, which is back ordered as well.

Glad I don't need this saw right away.....

Just received a call from a supervisor at Grizzly. She heard of my concern about the delivery delays, Ms Bryant I think her name was, anyway, she called to tell me the projected June 25 date was NOT firm. Probably be a bit later but couldn't say how much later.

So I called Tool Zone to see about the lead time on the Jet Xacta Deluxe previously mentioned and I'm told I'm looking at early July! None in the country.

So, looks like no relief in sight for a 3hp cabinet saw with riving knife and blade shroud.
    Except for the Powermatic PM2000, which is back ordered as well.

Glad I don't need this saw right away.....

I know you said you didn't need it right away but did you try Tools-plus they sometimes have some in stock and are close to you. Further try calling Equipment Surplus and Sales I am willing to bet they have some PM2000s in stock if not a Jet, the shipping MAY effect that idea since their "deals" are not drop shipped. They buy lots of surplus from WMH and get oddball configurations sometimes, like the PM2000 I bought with a US made Baldor motor for hundreds LESS than the Taiwan make motor version would have cost me.

I called them and their lead time is 2 weeks. Their shipping is virtually free at $6.50 but the saw is not discounted. Their price is $2k.

Joe, Hammer is having a sale in the USA on their saw with an option package tailored for the US market.

http://www.feldergroupusa.com/

You might want to have a look...........Regards, Rod.

I called them and their lead time is 2 weeks. Their shipping is virtually free at $6.50 but the saw is not discounted. Their price is $2k.

Thats weird since I assume you are talking about tools-plus that my cart shows it at 1864.00 without shipping which is 6.50 and includes residential liftgate for WMH machines.