Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...PICS

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hogoboom
    Jay,

That is one sweet looking miter station. Please share the details!!!

Jack
    Thanks Jack. It is pretty much inspired by Norms. It's 14' long by 3' wide coutertops. The countertops are 2 layers of 3/4" MDF with 1/4" hardboard top edged with Ash. The left is 4' and right 8' with 2' of mitersaw in the center. The 2 cabinets are made of a plethora of borg ply (birch, maple, maple/birch from both orange and blue borgs). Faceframes and drawer fronts are more cheap (B grade) Ash. The 5 drawers (so far) are 1/2" BB dovetailed front and back. I used 28" deep CSH drawer slides. Those things fit a lot of stuff . I will make some doors and shelves for the other cabinets eventually and plan on putting a scrap bin under the miter saw which sits on a 2x4 framework that is adjustable for height relative to the tops. On the far right, a simple frame of 2x4 and ply attached to cabinet and wall holds the counter top up. I'll probably make another cabinet to go there eventually. The whole thing sits at the same height as my tablesaw and can help support large pieces as I'm preparing to push them through.

Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out. I still need to put some sort of fence and stop block arrangement for the miter saw. But, I'm mulling over how I want to work that as I like the open countertops.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Had my kids over to visit and we saw went to see The Polar Express. After they went home on Sunday, I turned a new potpourri bowl from ash, and some bottle stoppers and Christmas ornaments from various woods. All these will be going up to my Lady's shop in Minneapolis this weekend. It seems that I have had a modicum of success selling my wares in her shop.

keithz
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.