Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Bummer

Doug, I missed this thread when it started! Sorry to hear about your situation, but it sounds like they are really going after it aggressively, so my bet is all will be fine! Prayer works! God can and does work miracles. I wish you the best.

Good luck with your treatment, Doug. We will be thinking of you. SMC is a great source for uplifting thoughts and ww dreams. Keep us posted when you can.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

Good luck with your treatments Doug. We'll be thinking about you.

Doug, I missed your original post too. Hang in there and do what the Doc tells you.
    I'll be praying for a good outcome.

Bruce
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Doug,
    Just saw this. Sorry that you have to deal with this, but it sounds like they are giving it the aggressive treatment which might knock it out! Several in my family have dealt with different cancers and while they can be difficult, they also can be beaten. Find out all that you can and get the best treatment available and most importantly, be determined to beat it.

Jim

Doug,

You will be in our thoughts and prayers! Hang in there and don't forget if you ever need to talk...we are all here at the creek!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

I beat it, you'll beat it too. Good luck and go kick some cancer butt!

Good luck Doug, I'll be thinking of you........Regards, Rod.

Doug -- sorry to hear about this. I don't have much advice other than to keep a positive attitude as best you can. I know you can beat this handily!

Doug, all I have are a bunch of dittos. Sorry to hear about your situation, I missed the thread when it first posted, keep a positive attitude, and fight fight fight. Believing you can beat it is a huge part of the battle. My thoughts will be with you.

On the bright side, you have a bunch of time to create projects and think up jigs for your shop. Maybe do some mental rearranging of your shop, too.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Stick With It! ! ! !

Doug-

My wife has just finished her second round of being staged at IV- a very nasty lobular breast cancer (5 years between diagnoses). This time, chemo only, but. . 6-1/2 months, 3 weeks each month and then a week off. Her CA 125 at the beginning of treatment was pushing 690, now down in the 15-20 range. One tough woman- hell, one tough person- more mettel than some special operator types I worked with. We just came back from a week in Arizona, because she'd never seen the Grand Canyon before. She's still a little tired these days, but her hair is coming back.

Oddly enough, her diagnosis has remined me that we have to be grateful for the time we have with folks- it can be real short.

Hang tough brother, and we'll be praying for you.

Brian and Annetta

I'm with ya Doug.!!!!

My dad has finished his radiation treatment and has started his chemo.
    Prayers for ya my friend.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Sorry to hear Doug. I will add you to my prayer list. I just got back from Mayo two weeks ago myself. I have a lesion in my thoracic spine. They said I have Tansverse Myelitis. Fortunately, it is currently innactive. Unfortunately, the Neurologist recommended not operating on the lesion. In fact he said even doing a byopsy, I would have a 50/50 chance of coming out in worse shape than I am now. Now they just have to figure out the best way to treat the pain.

Since this all happened to me, I have a much different outlook on life. It may sound cliche, but I really do appreciate all the little things that I used to take for granted. Hang in there and don't be bashful about taking all the love and caring your family and friends offer. It will help them as much as it will you.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty